Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
Did you ever check the power output of the Vantage on another chrono as those power figures seem very high?

Do you still have it?

If so, maybe it's time for a re-build and re-acquaint yourself with this beautiful rifle. If you wanted to keep it more in line with its Venom heritage, Lyn Lewington (venoman on here) may be able to supply a V-Mach kit for it? Tinbum and Welsh Willy kits also available. All will deliver a very nice and refined shooting experience befitting the old girl. And it should be easy to set it up so that it's comfortably under the limit.

P.S....good lad re whupping those PCPs.
i swapped a compound bow for it from another bbs member years ago as i always had a soft spot for hw77 and hw 80s.
i first checked the power with the chrono 24 as i was beating everyone with it and it did show 19ftlb with 7.9gn premiers.
i had 4 boxes of the 10.4 gns prems which should reduce power but it still was around 17 ftlb.
at the gun club we had a jow young pm 10 ???? chrono which showed similiar results as thats when paul hudson tried his hw97 with the same pellets to see if the chrono was faulty......he got similiar results.
it seems these pellets were just perfect and very tight in the chamber for both our barrels.
the spring i used in all my springers was a chap on here called pok .
to get to near enough 12 ftlb they was hardly any preload on the spring at all and you could more or less screw the end cap on.
i had a fac license so i darent use the rifle at the club as the president was a policeman and he knew the issue i had with it but said they would prosecute me if i was ever stopped.
so i dismantled the rifle.........it was still over the limit with other pellets but not as much as with premiers.....
i sold it to a chap on here and told him the set back trigger was playing up and needed attention ( i tried to fix it but caused more issues trying to do it )it wasnt the trigger at fault originally but it broke the spring which caused it to catch the trigger etc....
regardless he bought it and he said it still out performed all his rifles in the competitions and he got his best scores with it.
i think the original owner was vic thompson or he might have been the source for the compound bow as it was a long time ago around 2002
wish i still had it though.....
it wasnt difficult to cock either