Hi Folks,

I recently purchased a HW35k from a member on here and I’m pleased with the overall condition, it has a very nice unusual (?) stock from what I can see from perusing the bbs & tinternet

The condition of the metal work is excellent and it shoots ok but there are two things I want to sort.

Firstly it has a very pronounced twang when fired and secondly to say the cocking effort is robust is an understatement ( I’m sure I heard my left elbow creak when I first cocked it but then I’m old and joints creak a lot anyway )

I’ve taken the action out of the stock and the first impression is that the spring appears to be a square sectioned one ?? Also, having never owned a weihraugh before I’m not sure on the procedure for getting the spring and piston etc out.

Is there preload on the spring ? Im also assuming the record trigger unit has to be removed first ?

According to the Weihraugh website it was manufactured in 1991, so not a modern one ( is this good or bad ? )

The ‘enhanced’ finger grooves on the for-end don’t seem to match any images I can find anywhere but it doesn’t look custom made either.
The stock is also a very nice dark colour and has quite a nice grain, with a shiny finish.

Anyway I’ve added a few pics and if anyone could help with suggestions etc, I’d be most grateful

Norm