Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Theoben Elan - what’s it worth

Question Theoben Elan - what’s it worth

I’ve have a very like new, clean and original, fully functioning Theoben Elan (the first version).

I’ve had it for quite a few years now and I don’t use it very much at all - don’t want to take it hunting, I’ve got a very early R7 for that. I was trying to value it for insurance purposes but I can’t find a recent sales price.

Then I thought that perhaps I should sell it but in the absence of any idea as to the value, I wouldn’t want to either under or over price it.

Does anyone here have any idea of what it would be worth?

If I knew, I could decide whether to reinsure or sell it - and if the latter I would no doubt regret it the following month.

Thanks & ATB

cos.mos
    When I die I want to go in my sleep like my father, not screaming, like the passengers in his car ...

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    OTTOMH, £750 ish

Just a vaguely educated guess. Nice guns
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

can you put up some pics of it ?
    BSA SUPERSPORT .22
    Ripley ar5s .177
    Steyr challenge hft 177 SYWELL FT CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by john79 View Post
    can you put up some pics of it ?
    I don’t seem to be able to get images onto my messages - have contacted bbs to ask - sorry, will post as soon as I can.

👍
    When I die I want to go in my sleep like my father, not screaming, like the passengers in his car ...

im not sure how to do it either to be honest , but it would help to get a more accurate valuation
    BSA SUPERSPORT .22
    Ripley ar5s .177
    Steyr challenge hft 177 SYWELL FT CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by cos.mos View Post
    I don’t seem to be able to get images onto my messages - have contacted bbs to ask - sorry, will post as soon as I can.

👍
    Choose any of these, dead easy to use:

https://webhostingmedia.net/best-fre...ting-websites/

Get those pix up!

nice guns you dont se many come up for sale these days

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    IIRC the bottle came from a fighter jet ejector seat.
    Master Debater

Quote Originally Posted by cos.mos View Post

👍
    Use a hosting site,
    I use imgbb if I want to save the pic's in an album for future reference,
    or
    postimg.cc just to put one up for a few weeks to answer a question > resize 640x480 for message boards, select the time before it's removed (31 days is good), select the image from your device & copy it across, easy.

Flickr failed

Maybe this will work

https://postimg.cc/gallery/NyXfvBj

Thank you angrybear and the other comments too

Hires

https://postimg.cc/gallery/fLctgQJ

Let me know if more images required
    Last edited by cos.mos; 03-08-2021 at 01:24 PM.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    yup that worked.. looks exactly like mine did, and as you say, in excellent condition
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Theoben Elan

A friend of mine purchased one towards the end of 2019 and paid £795 from a dealer. Mach 1.5

That is a superb looking rifle,
    The problem with valuing a Theoben is that there are people who are prepared to pay stupid money because in 20+ years it might well turn out to be an investment.

I'd think £800 ish acceptable, but if someone really wanted it who knows what they might be willing to stump up.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    That is a superb looking rifle,
    The problem with valuing a Theoben is that there are people who are prepared to pay stupid money because in 20+ years it might well turn out to be an investment.

I'd think £800 ish acceptable, but if someone really wanted it who knows what they might be willing to stump up.
    Thanks again for your help, I’m not certain that 20+ years is a viable option for retired bloke like myself.

It’s curious that whilst I love the gun, I’m kinda concerned that if I use it, it will get damaged in some way, which is worsened by the fact that it is a rare gun. I also think that it would be very difficult to replace with one in a similar condition.

Perhaps I should pass it on to another custodian to enjoy and carry that responsibility.

All sounds a bit crass when I read it back but it’s where I am. Also, on the negative side is the possibility that to insure it at a reasonable rate I won’t be able to take it out in the field. But shooting it in the back garden is a joy … but the Mrs isn’t too keen

I’ll let you know what way I choose …

ATB

cos.mos

Lovely rifle!

Don't ever worry about using it. These are meant to be used in the field.

There are many vintage Ferraris taking to the racetrack each weekend at £3m a pop.

There to be used