Thread: Help stripping and sorting a HW35k

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Unfortunately I can't provide links to help members, but a quick google of tinbum or tbt along with air guns should take you in the right direction

I have a youtube channel too, but that is full of silly, irrelevant nonsense! https://youtu.be/JiifU0Z-AVI
    Thanks Nick, I’ve just been watching some of your YouTube videos on stripping the 80 and also on short stroking, may I say they’re excellent, straight forward, easy to understand and in real time too which is nice, plus no silly music !!!

I think I now know where to start on the 35k

Cheers,

Norm

Did weihrauch at one point not fit square section springs ?

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Did weihrauch at one point not fit square section springs ?
    They did and the date fits. They had a nice rounded edge and were an almost golden colour iirc

They did and the date fits. They had a nice rounded edge and were an almost golden colour iirc
    Interestingly chambers advertise several springs for the Hw35 inc two Ox springs. Once apart I can decide what to do but I do know I want to reduce the cocking effort considerably !

No comments on the stock yet. I’m curious about the forend finger grip as I can’t find anything like it on any pics of 35’s ?

Norm

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Fixit-Norm View Post
    No comments on the stock yet. I’m curious about the forend finger grip as I can’t find anything like it on any pics of 35’s ?

Norm
    Never seen one in the flesh, but I have seen photos of 35's with those grooves in the forend.

Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    Never seen one in the flesh, but I have seen photos of 35's with those grooves in the forend.
    Do you happen to know if it’s a genuine Weihrauch one or an aftermarket version ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Fixit-Norm View Post

Norm
    Just by replacing the spring and a set of delrin spring guides will change the rifle for you straight away and make it feel like another rifle. As people have said Bon the ox spring there no good really in sub 12 guns

Hw35k

I bought a .22 35K off here some years ago. It was down in power, about 9ftlbs from memory. I sized the piston seal and fitted a new HW mainspring. I made 12.7ftlbs before I turned it down a bit.

You should easily achieve the same, at around 11ftlbs they make a lovely shooting rifle.

Makes you wonder why people buy those snappy HW95's, when the newer synthetic sealed 35's run smooth at 10.5 to 11.

Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    I bought a .22 35K off here some years ago. It was down in power, about 9ftlbs from memory. I sized the piston seal and fitted a new HW mainspring. I made 12.7ftlbs before I turned it down a bit.

You should easily achieve the same, at around 11ftlbs they make a lovely shooting rifle.

Makes you wonder why people buy those snappy HW95's, when the newer synthetic sealed 35's run smooth at 10.5 to 11.
    That sounds encouraging, can you remember what the cocking effort was like ?

Weihrauch HW35

I would recommend either Tinbum or Welsh Willy kits.Both are good and should give a twang free firing cycle.
    The online videos for HW 80 is essentially the same as for HW35.

An old HW35 will likely have a leather piston washer which tend to be poor from both a power and consistency perspective so get a replacement parachute seal piston washer.

Ox springs are in my experience best avoided.

Quote Originally Posted by ricardolamos View Post
    I would recommend either Tinbum or Welsh Willy kits.Both are good and should give a twang free firing cycle.
    The online videos for HW 80 is essentially the same as for HW35.

An old HW35 will likely have a leather piston washer which tend to be poor from both a power and consistency perspective so get a replacement parachute seal piston washer.

Ox springs are in my experience best avoided.
    Totally agree, mines a different animal altogether now Just need to mention that if you have the old leather piston seal and you want to change to the new style parachute one, you also need the converter to do this, or change the entire piston over to the newer style

Converter and new piston seal will be about £31 + postage from chambers site.

I'm sure I saw it on here of the WOC years ago. .

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    I'm sure I saw it on here of the WOC years ago. .
    The early MK1 HW97k used a square section mainspring but I've never heard of any other Weihrauch using one.

All the best Mick