Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Help stripping and sorting a HW35k

This is odd Tony, I got an email with your reply, then when I went to the link to the thread in the email it was missing a bit !

Did you edit the original post or is my iPad going mad

Norm

I did indeed edit that post Norm; you're not going mad!. After reading your post properly I didn't want to undermine your satisfaction with the new Richter scope..
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I did indeed edit that post Norm; you're not going mad!. After reading your post properly I didn't want to undermine your satisfaction with the new Richter scope..
    Phew, thought I was losing it more than normal , it’s happened a few times so that’s must be why.

It’s not that I don’t like the Nikko mountmaster scopes, I have a 4-16 x 50AO on another gun it’s just that it felt a bit tall and top heavy on the 35k.
    If I had to make one criticism about that Nikko range it’s the mildots, they’re small ( which is no bad thing ) but it’s the half mildots added as well that I don’t like, I know the half ones are a small line rather than a dot but for me there’s not enough definition between them.

I may put the Nikko up for sale on here, along with a Hawke Panorama scope that I no longer have a need for, otherwise I may keep looking at them and think ‘ I must get guns for those stray scopes’

Norm

I fully appreciate the size thing, Norm. Especially taking into account the low comb height of the 35. Most of my scopes are 32mm objective ones. Including the very basic Hawke Sport HD that sits atop one of my 77s that I'm about to use at Brian Samson's range. 30/30 ret and no AO.

I like to use 35s with open sights. I appreciate you may not have the option with this one......giving the perfect excuse to get another!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I fully appreciate the size thing, Norm. Especially taking into account the low comb height of the 35. Most of my scopes are 32mm objective ones. Including the very basic Hawke Sport HD that sits atop one of my 77s that I'm about to use at Brian Samson's range. 30/30 ret and no AO.

I like to use 35s with open sights. I appreciate you may not have the option with this one......giving the perfect excuse to get another!
    Haha, I shall try and resist for the time being ! I do have the open sights that came with the 35 but my eyesight whilst good enough for everyday stuff including driving, struggles a bit with open sights.

On the DB4 I’ve fitted a blade type fore sight and a Beeman peep sight on the rear. At shortish ranges ( up to 30yrds ) it’s not too bad, but these days I prefer scopes or red dots.

Appreciated, Norm, as my eyesight is pretty poor too. But under the correct conditions and if not being too ambitious, I find them really effective. And I really love the clean, uncluttered "simple" lines. Makes them easier to carry / wield, too. Wouldn't mind a go at something more taxing, too, like HFT with opens, as per the current thread on the subject, although I think I'd definitely struggle in shaded areas.

I must admit I know what you mean, although I’m not sure you could call my DB4 ‘clean & simple’ , even with its alternative stock

( I’m blaming it on lockdown fever )

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Fixit-Norm View Post
    I must admit I know what you mean, although I’m not sure you could call my DB4 ‘clean & simple’ , even with its alternative stock

( I’m blaming it on lockdown fever )

I know a song about that, Norm :-

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fHIcVuqQgVo

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    I know a song about that, Norm :-

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fHIcVuqQgVo

Haha, I quite like that

Norm