Thread: Bring back from Airgun Show BSA Stutzen tap loader

Bring back from Airgun Show BSA Stutzen tap loader

Sold quite a few guns at two Airguns Shows recently. Gave me plenty of cash to bring home this excellent example of what I feel may be the most beautiful Airgun ever made? Been on my radar screen for a while. Follow the Imgur tab. But below is the one money shot to me.

https://imgur.com/a/1gAxknw

Very nice indeed Steve good find
    Morally flawed

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    the taploaders shooter better than the RB2s, and the .177s shoot better too... nice gun
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Very, very nice. I will get one of these, one day.

Shed Tuner mentioned fitting a Williams peep sight to his, which is similar to the Stutzen rearsight, and which sounds interesting...

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Shed Tuner mentioned fitting a Williams peep sight to his, which is similar to the Stutzen rearsight, and which sounds interesting...

John
    That does sound interesting. Scope rail to mount and the existing sight slips off. But I tend to adapt to the gun, backyard shooting just cool to fire different guns. To me it is amazing the lack of visible stock attachment screws. With the long stock crazy cool. Should just be framed! Lol
    Last edited by 45flint; 11-07-2021 at 11:32 PM.

one I got in 1994

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    That's in better nick than some of the ones you find over here, so someone has been looking after that we'll, nice find, I need to add one to my collection.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    That's in better nick than some of the ones you find over here, so someone has been looking after that we'll, nice find, I need to add one to my collection.

Pete
    People in the US just seem to buy Airguns and don’t shoot them. I bought it from a fellow Airgun enthusiast that shoots those dreadful PCP’s. After we settled on the price I asked him if it shot? He said he never shot it! Nuts!. First thing I did when I got home.

Been shooting the BSA in the backyard with 7 grain Hobbys it was at 808 fps or a little over 10 FPE. As many have said it’s not the best Airgun ever made but certainly not the worst. Hotter than my BSA Light! Lol Been pretty accurate with it but need a loose artillary grip for sure. Love the carbine feel. Probably hot enough to get a squirrel? Love the idea of having the last BSA tap loader. Got the first and the last, pretty cool.
    Last edited by 45flint; 14-07-2021 at 06:44 PM.