Thread: CO2 and pistols and the environement

CO2 and pistols and the environement

Recently I have been thinking about CO2. Are the twelve gram capsules and the smaller and larger equivalents causing anything against the climate of this planet?
    However, I recently purchased a CO2 pistol, a Sig Sauer P226, in .177 . It was originally a disaster for target shooting as the iron sights were so way off to the left and low. I then thought about a laser sight that could be fitted under the barrel. After fitting and about half an hour later I was able to produce a 95% accuracy at 10 meters. I also had five magazines (80 shots) and the pistol was able to consistently shoot the pellets accurately although after that the shot count was unreliable and variable! My only experience of CO2 prior to this was a Walther undercover using two CO2 capsules which is still superb, consistent and accurate to 25 meters, but loud. I also have a Dan Wesson 8” revolver but there is nothing I can say to recommend this item.
    I have also bought a .22 Onix Reload pistol PCP which produces fantastic accuracy between 10 and 30 meters but that’s another matter.
    Do CO2 capsules contribute to climate change any more than motor vehicles or people breathing?

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    I would imagine that CO2 capsules are a teeny tiny proportion of the CO2 added to the environment by human activity. Fire extinguishers alone probably account for more. Not to mention beer!
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    What do you think? when a very quick google reveals every litre of coke has 6g of CO2 it...

I think CO2 supplied commercially is always a byproduct of some other process, so if it wasn’t being put in capsules it would only be being vented to the atmosphere anyway.
    Morally flawed

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Cornelius View Post
    I think CO2 supplied commercially is always a byproduct of some other process, so if it wasn’t being put in capsules it would only be being vented to the atmosphere anyway.
    Some CO2 is captured as a by product of other processes such as the production of Ammonia, but a little research shows that the majority of it comes from processing natural gas as a desired product rather than as a by product.
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL

The trees on our range love co2 guns

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    What do you think? when a very quick google reveals every litre of coke has 6g of CO2 it...
    Just had radiotherapy for prostate cancer. Was told not to drink fizzy drinks during treatment period as you swallow the gas which makes your bowels bloated and pushes the prostate out of its bulls eye target area of radiation. Also you fart more.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

CO2 for gas cylinders is produced from the combustion of natural gas. It is not a simple process but involves the production of ammonia thus producing a higher CO2 yield. Most of it is used industrially making fertilisers - 130 million tons of it.
    Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    The trees on our range love co2 guns
    That made me laugh 😂

Thumbs up Co2

I've just googled How much Co2 does a car produce. The answer came back ( for America) at 22.0 miles per gallon and drives around 11,500 miles per year. Every gallon of gasoline burned creates about 8,887 grams of CO2. So why don't we halve that for the UK. Now the capsule contains 12g very little if these figures are correct so it's miniscule unless some one Knows better. I would say walk or cycle to your shop and you will save more CO2 in the final transport and for heavens sake try not to break wind because methane is a far more potent gas.

Co2

Should we stop breathing? I believe humans release approx. 2 tons of Co2 a year through breathing, or maybe we should stop making fizzy drinks, most have Co2 artificially dissolved into the drinks, some alcoholic drinks naturally carbonate while fermenting, I wonder how these facts relate to how much Co2 we use in our air guns, I doubt we use very much.

Cheers, Lawrie