Thread: Any Browning Airstar 200 experts around?

Any Browning Airstar 200 experts around?

Hi,

My Browning stopped working and I thought the battery wasn’t holding its charge so bought a new one.

Unfortunately the gun still won’t work. One difference I’ve noticed is the red light under the but comes on as soon as the battery is connected even if gun is switched off.

Any ideas what else I could look at or recommend someone who might be able to repair as I do like shooting the quirky gun. Be a shame for it to end up as a wall hanger.

I think Unframed Dave changed the battery on his so he may be able to help ?

All the best Mick

Airstar

How long have you owned the gun? Have you or a previous owner changed the polarity.

I haven’t had it long and understood the previous owner had changed the battery. I contacted Unframed Dave as suggested and he helped me identify that the polarity does need changing as the wires on the old battery are a different way around to the new one. I understand this is just a case of swapping the wires over. I’ll let you know how I get on.

I changed the polarity and then fitted the battery. Switched it on, motor started to work sluggishly and then smoke started to come from the switch. Disconnected battery. Switch now stuck so I guess this is now a dead Airstar unless anyone ideas on how the gun could be fixed.

Shame as it is such a nice looking rifle

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Can only assume, that as it was attempted to run it with the incorrect polarity previously, something got fried. I know nothing about electronics though.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

You also need to look at the power of the new battery used? When I got my replacement I made sure to get a nickel cadmium battery with similar rating. Nickel cadmium are not the standard fair any more. Also the Browning battery had the male female plugs switched from what is normal now? Maybe they wanted to make sure you bought a Browning battery. I bought new plugs and switched the one on the gun so the new battery worked. Maybe I was lucky but it worked fine.