Thread: Hello

Hello

My name is Jeff, "jefrs" is just a mash-up of my name and initials I've used as a handle for years.
    I'm a retired scientist, physicist-engineer with some mad science skills and cultivated an appropriate hairstyle over the pandemic year, now shorn.
    I have widespread arthritis. Everything seems to revolve around and be adapted for that. I can barely type now, hit the wrong keys and some of the auto-corrections can be weird.
    I shoot pistol. The garden is not long enough to challenge a rifle. Only 20m range there. I shoot seated.
    Long and long ago I shot .22 rifle at a rifle club. I cannot stand for any length of time and I am certainly not going to be shooting prone now.
    First airgun, my grandfather's Webley Junior must be 50 years ago but the pistol is over 80yo, and the only one I kept for a long while. It still works rather well.
    More recently, thanks to Covid because I could not get out and about, acquired a SMK Victory CP2 .177 which I've had to adapt to my needs a little, notably a lime-wood Zasdar CP1 grip so I can hold it.
    Shooting 10m in the garden is actually good for retraining and maintaining arthritic ailments. Part of the problem is loss of fine motor control, it needs regular practise to keep it working.
    I don't shoot rats - we've kept Airedale Terriers forever.
    Jeff.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Welcome Jeff. Good to have you aboard.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

welcome sorry to hear bout your arthretis i also suffer from it and your right a bit shooting keeps the joints mooving,enjoy the forum