Thread: Lee loader

Lee loader

Hello.
    Anybody used the old lee loader set - the manual hand tools or the Russian "survival" loader? Looking at reloading 410 cartridges.
    Cheers.

You will be hard pressed finding a .410 lee loader. Out of production and sell for premium £ used.

Another option is this

https://www.thexringusa.com/

There are videos on YouTube

I reloaded .410 with minimal tools/equipment for a good few years, still do on occasion. A decent set of scales for shot/powder measuring and if you want to be posh then a roll crimp tool for the drill. Or you can glue the shot card on top.
    Obviously you’ll need your components but everything else you can find in the shed 👍
    Then again, im skint quite alot so i find the cheapest thing that works 😂

Evilbay

Hello
    The out of production loader is around £100 on a popular auction site, have seen dowels etc used.

Survival loader

I've been using the X-Ring Survival Loader for .410.
    It works well, but I have found that closing with a cheap roll turnover tool in a drill gives the best results. I only load around 50 at a time so not worth adding to my MEC collection just yet.

I've occasionally reloaded for 410 - just to see, as much as anything

Depriming and repriming is dead easy - you can literally deprime with a hammer and a nail, and seating a new primer is as simple as possible - on a clean piece of wood you just push the shell case down onto the new primer. A small funnel and lee powder measure (or scales) for powder, I use a piece of thin card and then wool for a wad, shot goes in via the funnel, and then another piece of card and water glue to seal it off.

I've tried a drill-based RTO, but never had much joy with it - it seems to 'bulge' the shell by the roll unless you're really careful

Best way to get an x ring reloaded is via the bay USA (.com, not .co.uk)