Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: rapid 7 22 never fails

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by wild dogman View Post
    Yes they are lots of better gun's now but for reliability and simplicity to work on not much to go wrong
    depends on what you want.. my rapid has a reg, SSG, QF, guage, gives loads of shots and is ridiculously accurate. That'll do me thanks

As you can on simplicity - I stripped an RWS Scimitar the other day - eash so many small pieces and unnecesary complexity... the Krals are nice and easy though.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

kevG is offline Longest unaltered member...
    don't know about better guns now.ive got an old mk1 .177 rapid that matched a Raw TM at 40 mtrs and this thing was built in 1991.admited its been moded but easly done.
    KevG

ive a mate that backs his rapid against any of the big money guns for hunting

Quote Originally Posted by madcarlos View Post
    My mk1 had been standing for near 20 years , Accuracy was about ok, The hammer and bits etc had some kind of lube all over it, Cleaned it all off and after about 4 or 5 mags the accuracy became better and better , Think it just needed running in again,
    i had an early 3 digit serial number mk1 which only failed once in all the years i owned it and that was a buddy bottle o ring.
    excellent rifle but swopped it for a series 3 landy

Quote Originally Posted by loiner1965 View Post
    i had an early 3 digit serial number mk1 which only failed once in all the years i owned it and that was a buddy bottle o ring.
    excellent rifle but swopped it for a series 3 landy
    They sure don't make them like these any more,

rgc_swanseaARC is offline He's not the Stig,,,He's the Stig's Welsh cousin
    I have had various things over the years from all price brackets, some excellent, some barely fitting the description of air rifle.

Still have a very customized Hw100kt (titanium cylinder, cerakote, reg system etc), a standard AA s510k Ultimate Sporter, a DS Pulsar....but the one that will outshoot them all...my Theoben TTR. Admittedly it has some trick parts a custom barrel and laminate stock, but it is brilliantly lethal and simple to work on.
    If i had to be left with just one rifle...the TTR would be it.

Regards,
    Rhys
    Theoben TTR1 .177, Steven B Blue/Grey Laminate Stock, Nutshot Mod, Hawke Sidewinder 10x42 Tac IR
    Daystate Pulsar. 177, Donny FL Sumo Mod, Pard NV008LRF

lovely gun the ttr

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Just resealed an original Rapid 7 yesterday - it used to be my Dad's, and I know it's not been apart for 10 years. Very slight leak. 5 o-rings and 30 mins for a complete reseal, replaced every o-ring. I doubt I'll have to touch it for another 10...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

I have 3 fac MK2 rapids.. tried a few of the others and wouldn't spend the money new air rifles are today....don't need anything more than what rapids can do for me.....easy worked on....plenty of good tuners out there to help....any wonder they're going up in price

totaly agree with you bud

Owning a rapid is like choosing to drive a mk1 metro
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    LOL. Couldn't agree more.

They were the go-to air rifle for many years at FAC level but so much more (and better) has come onto the market during the last 15 years or so.

I owned a 30 ft lb version for a few months and moved it on shortly afterwards after failing to see what the fuss was all about.

I'm not a huge fan of buddy bottle guns anyway, but that planky stock made me feel as if I was still shooting in the 70/80's.
    "Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son" Dean Wormer.

ive had all the top end guns but still reache for my rapid every now and again

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    No man, Rapid owners wouldnt drive a Mini Metro now, ya cant anyway , all their parts were recycled to build Steyrs.
    VAYA CON DIOS

Quote Originally Posted by rapidresponse1 View Post
    ive had all the top end guns but still reache for my rapid every now and again
    To right bud, Unfortunately some got lots to learn, We can only do our best to advise.