Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: rapid 7 22 never fails

rapid 7 22 never fails

not had the rapid out for a while had a hour up the golf course with it these guns are honestly one of the best guns ive used,had this one many years now thought about selling it a few times but kept hold of it

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    yup, they are classic.... hardly ever go wrong, and when they do simple to fix.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Still the best tool in the box for vermin work.

Dave.

My mk1 had been standing for near 20 years , Accuracy was about ok, The hammer and bits etc had some kind of lube all over it, Cleaned it all off and after about 4 or 5 mags the accuracy became better and better , Think it just needed running in again,

that is good going carlos

Quote Originally Posted by rapidresponse1 View Post
    that is good going carlos
    Yes some old bloke bought it in 1995 , He was in his 80s when I bought it off him, Looked like the pellets I had with it had been stored in the sea, He bought the gun around retirement age but hardly used it, I shot a couple of mags but something wasnt right , I normally put paper up at different distances but I was having to adjust the scopes every couple of shots, Not much but did not seem to hold, The hammer, weight and spring seemed to have a coating on them and felt tacky, Cleaned them off and after that the more I shot it the better it got and seemed to hold as expected, Just think it needed a bedding back in,

rapids are real tack drivers may be a service and be back to factory standards

yes lovely guns

MFR…….why oh why do we sell these things only to wish we still had them a few years (well 12) down the line

Quote Originally Posted by Drew 3 View Post
    MFR…….why oh why do we sell these things only to wish we still had them a few years (well 12) down the line
    Know the feeling bud,

I’ve owned so many rapids in all guises over the many years.

However the MFR will always be my favourite

Some might say more modern pcp’s with fancy twin reg setups, quick fills and gauges are the way forward but you just can’t disagree with an older pcp that’s built like a tank and so easy to maintain with far less to go wrong.

With a MFR it’s seconds to recharge anyway with no bottle burping and simplicity itself.

However a gauge certainly would be handy though as I have ironically been let down in the field once before with a leaking rapid but it was a simple fix anyway.

i thought long and hard as my rapid was totaly original mk1,but then i got the gauge and quick fill fitted makes life much easier now with the rapid

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    i thought long and hard as my rapid was totaly original mk1,but then i got the gauge and quick fill fitted makes life much easier now with the rapid
    ditto.. addresses about the only "downside" of the rapid, although it is a pain having to empty the bottle when servicing. One of mine has the old Theoben guage system (repalcement for the bottle adapter), which means you keep the valve in the bottle.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Operating without any decent restraint - Nottm
    I bought one back in 2006 and I couldn't wait to get rid of it. I had just bought an HW100 and the Rapid was agricultural in every way compared to it.

1st Battalion Humberside Cavalier Rescue Deserters on the cut

yes the 100 is a nice gun as well

not had the rapid out for a while had a hour up the golf course with it these guns are honestly one of the best guns ive used,had this one many years now thought about selling it a few times but kept hold of it
    Yes they are lots of better gun's now but for reliability and simplicity to work on not much to go wrong and for the nostalgia if your in your late 50s like me everyone wanted one back in the day lol