Thread: Los angeles prices

Los angeles prices

Over here in LA for 6 weeks and today went to a local gunshop In burbank , Alliant 2400 $23-95 a pound Ye gods man swiss B\P 26$ a pound in the uk it's 84£a kg ok that is kranks prices but it has traveled over 6000 mles to get here not just 26 miles over the channel.

thats the power of bulk buying I assume
    I recall seeing some German 22 lookalike carbines there 500$ that were £500 here
    But how much is the cost of living there tho?
    I also recall a tv doc about a US couple who dumped there father here whilst supposedly on holiday because they couldn't
    afford to look after him....

This is what happens when there are a lot less people doing a hobby. If pistol shooting was still going, prices would be lower.

Remember US prices are +tax and ours includes 20% vat and there are 2.2 lbs to a kilo.

How did you get to LA anyhow? I thought transatlantic flights had stopped.

We are installing a new production line in a Budwieser brewery and we managed to get a national interest exemption from homeland security to travel.

Quote Originally Posted by acmsarh View Post
    We are installing a new production line in a Budwieser brewery and we managed to get a national interest exemption from homeland security to travel.

Beer. The yanks certainly know where their priorities lie

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by aris View Post

Beer. The yanks certainly know where their priorities lie
    Reminds me of the saying, "never take the piss out of American beer; you'll remove all the flavour".
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Powders

The Maxam shotgun powders are a reasonable price.. if you can get them.. equivalent to Red Dot, Unique, Blue Dot. Fine for reduced loads in many calibres.

amc577

Quote Originally Posted by amc577 View Post
    The Maxam shotgun powders are a reasonable price.. if you can get them.. equivalent to Red Dot, Unique, Blue Dot. Fine for reduced loads in many calibres.

amc577
    Thanks for that tip... what's the volume like?
    Donald

Maxam volume

Check the Clay and Game website.. there is also a Maxam reloading website but very little info.
    They will deliver at a price.. our club gets together a decent order from members and arranges a delivery. Works out at about £30 half kilo for the shotgun powders. No problem shooting at 100 yards.

amc577