Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Parcelforce Express 48

Parcelforce Express 48

I think I'm correct in saying that this is the only method allowed for the general public to post low powered airguns.
    It seems that Parcelforce have changed their terms and conditions from allowing up to £100 compensation down to "Parcel protection not available".
    I have just read this on a sales thread on the AGF and thought it may be of use to people on here.

https://send.parcelforce.com/prohibi...stricted-items

ive used parcel force for years never had a issue ,but there making it harder for people to send guns now

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    I think I'm correct in saying that this is the only method allowed for the general public to post low powered airguns.
    It seems that Parcelforce have changed their terms and conditions from allowing up to £100 compensation down to "Parcel protection not available".
    I have just read this on a sales thread on the AGF and thought it may be of use to people on here.

Go down to the bottom of that page and you will see this

All payments processed by Parcel2Go.com Ltd. Company Number: 02591405. © Parcel2Go.com Ltd, 2021.
    Royal Mail Group Ltd, and the Parcelforce Worldwide logo is © and a registered trade mark of Royal Mail Group Ltd, both used under licence.

[IMG][/IMG]

Now go to this page and look at the section for airguns .

https://www.parcelforce.com/help-and...d-restrictions

Arms and Ammunition - low powered air weapons Low-powered air weapons (air rifles, air guns and air pistols), together with lead pellets and other airgun and airsoft projectiles, can be sent but are subject to the following conditions:

These items must be sent on an express48 service only
    These items must be sent via the Post Office only, and presented at the counter
    Enhanced compensation cover is not available

It still offers the basic compensation but not the enhanced.

Also the bottom of the page .

[IMG][/IMG]

You may also notice this

Notice the difference ?

I emailed Parcel Force to query this when it was brought up on here before .

Dear Paul

Thank you for your email.

Parcel2go is a reseller of our services, therefore the full carriage of service and terms and conditions would be held with them.

If you are still unsure after looking on our website I would advise you speak to your local depot and they will be able to clarify further.

If you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to reply to this email. Alternatively, you can find the address and contact details of your local Parcelforce Worldwide depot.

Kind regards,

Parcelforce Worldwide Email Team.

Parcel2go is a reseller .they use loads of other companies.

They basically do the same as the Post Office but with more carriers .

https://www.parcel2go.com/

I hope that clears it up for you gtfreight.
    Last edited by bighit; 21-07-2021 at 03:39 PM.

Well go back to the AGF and tell them it's wrong & the poster is an idiot.

That link is via Parcel 2 go if you read P2G's own rules for a start they prohibit any & all guns inc toys .

second as I have stated/warned many times, buying via P2G greatly reduces compensation on everything, that's part of why they're cheaper.

It clearly states in both RM & PF rules you must take the gun to a PO to send, it cannot be collected & you cannot use a 3rd party (like P2G).

Now go direct to the PF web site (parcelforce.com) and the terms still read "enhanced compensation cover is not available"

Feel free to link.

I cant call him and idiot for posting that link, it has the PF logo at the top and he's covering his own back on his sale. I'll wait until PF reply and then I'll post what they say.
    It does seem strange for them to change their t&c's in July, I would have thought any amendments would be made when they revise their prices.

I cant call him and idiot for posting that link, it has the PF logo at the top and he's covering his own back on his sale. I'll wait until PF reply and then I'll post what they say.
    It does seem strange for them to change their t&c's in July, I would have thought any amendments would be made when they revise their prices.
    ParcelForce have not changed anything.

Look at the company number on the pic at the bottom of the link you provided .

It says this .

All payments processed by Parcel2Go.com Ltd. [I]Company Number: 02591405[/I]. © Parcel2Go.com Ltd, 2021. PARCELFORCE WORLDWIDE is a registered trade mark of Royal Mail Group Ltd, and the Parcelforce Worldwide logo is © and a registered trade mark of Royal Mail Group Ltd, both used under licence. VAT Number: GB 243 1700 02. All
    rights reserved.

Now look at the bottom
    Of the parcel2go page

© Parcel2Go.com Ltd 1995-2021 All Rights Reserved. | Company Number: 02591405 | VAT Number: 597 8491 61

Google the company number .

https://find-and-update.company-info...mpany/02591405

They are licensed to use the ParcelForce logo as they use ParcelForce along with other carriers.

PARCELFORCE WORLDWIDE is a registered trade mark of Royal Mail Group Ltd, and the Parcelforce Worldwide logo is © and a registered trade mark of Royal Mail Group Ltd, both used under licence.

Parcel2Go is a British parcel delivery comparison website providing comparisons of domestic and worldwide postage options from a range of providers.

ParcelForce is one of those providers

From the Parcel2go website
    [IMG][/IMG]

They negotiate with the couriers to get the lowest possible prices.

Part of that negotiations may mean dropping some conditions . Parcel protection being one of them .
    Last edited by bighit; 18-07-2021 at 01:49 PM.

It may be because I have been viewing on my phone but I didn't see that, thanks for being more observant than me.
    I was only trying to warn people incase there's an issue with a claim.

Edit; I've just this minute logged on with my laptop and looked where you've said, and now I'm looking at a full size screen it is clear that the link is from Parcel2Go but it does appear to be taken from the PF site. Very misleading.
    Last edited by gtfreight; 18-07-2021 at 01:48 PM.

It may be because I'm viewing on my phone but I didn't see that, thanks for being more observant than me.
    I was only trying to warn people incase there's an issue with a claim.
    Yes it was a good heads up to people and hopefully now people may will not use that service and use the main ParcelForce service.

This is the reason people need to look at all terms carefully. It's a minefield

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Go down to the bottom of that page and you will see this

All payments processed by Parcel2Go.com Ltd. Company Number: 02591405. © Parcel2Go.com Ltd, 2021.
    Royal Mail Group Ltd, and the Parcelforce Worldwide logo is © and a registered trade mark of Royal Mail Group Ltd, both used under licence.

[IMG][/IMG]

Now go to this page and look at the section for airguns .

Arms and Ammunition - low powered air weapons Low-powered air weapons (air rifles, air guns and air pistols), together with lead pellets and other airgun and airsoft projectiles, can be sent but are subject to the following conditions:

These items must be sent on an express48 service only
    These items must be sent via the Post Office only, and presented at the counter
    Enhanced compensation cover is not available

It still offers the basic compensation but not the enhanced.

Also the bottom of the page .

[IMG][/IMG]

You may also notice this

Last updated:7:00 Sun. 18th Jul.

If they have changed their terms why do they update the old terms every morning?

They are still the current terms

Notice the difference ?

I emailed Parcel Force to query this when it was brought up on here before .

Dear Paul

Thank you for your email.

Parcel2go is a reseller of our services, therefore the full carriage of service and terms and conditions would be held with them.

If you are still unsure after looking on our website I would advise you speak to your local depot and they will be able to clarify further.

If you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to reply to this email. Alternatively, you can find the address and contact details of your local Parcelforce Worldwide depot.

Kind regards,

Parcelforce Worldwide Email Team.

Parcel2go is a reseller .they use loads of other companies.

They basically do the same as the Post Office but with more carriers .

I hope that clears it up for you gtfreight.
    Doesn't clear it up for me... look at the the link in the the first post - it's from Parcelforces own website parcelforce.com and it couldn't be any clearer that no parcel compensation is applicable.

It says the content is copyrighted to Parcelforce as well.

The bit about parcel2go just relates to their payment system.

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Doesn't clear it up for me... look at the the link in the the first post - it's from Parcelforces own website parcelforce.com and it couldn't be any clearer that no parcel compensation is applicable.

It's used under license . I would think if you used another companies logo you would need permission to use it .

Any link sent to me by ParcelForce customer service goes to the one that offers protection at the basic limit.

This one

I have again Emailed ParcelForce to ask why there is two sets of terms .
    Last edited by bighit; 18-07-2021 at 03:02 PM.

I pay on line and get 15% off with rewards for u and then print the label and drop it off at the post office it’s so much easier and works out cheaper as well

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevmcc View Post
    I pay on line and get 15% off with rewards for u and then print the label and drop it off at the post office it’s so much easier and works out cheaper as well
    check the ts and cs as some services specify that you only get the cover if you go direct to the post office... like airguns...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Yes you can, because the idiot was trying to post a gun NOT incompliance with the clearly written RM/PF rules, by using P2G.

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post

And since when do company web pages contain payment details for another company ???

Which obviously means that link is from the P2G site when using PF with P2G as the agent.

Yes I'm being snappy & rude,

How many times do idiots need to be told the rules before they actually obey them, carry on ignoring the rules & one day the service will get pulled.
    Last edited by angrybear; 19-07-2021 at 11:10 AM.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    And since when do company web pages contain payment details for another company ???

Which obviously means that link is from the P2G site when using PF with P2G as the agent.

Yes I'm being snappy & rude,

How many times do idiots need to be told the rules before they actually obey them, carry on ignoring the rules & one day the service will get pulled.
    Have you actually looked at the link?...it's from parcelforce.com using parcelforce copyrighted material.
    The carrier will not be parcel2go it will be parcelforce - parcel2go are just processing the payment.

Using parcelforce branded Web pages should link back to parcelforce terms of service - not something different
    Who the hell is going to go digging into that much detail before sending anything?