Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Parcelforce Express 48

......Aside from PF48, 'low powered, UK-legal airguns' can be sent via the Post Office using RM Special Delivery. Weights of up to 2kg are actually cheaper (£11.30) than PF 48 and you have compensation up to £500 included AND it's a guaranteed next day service You can see confirmation of this in the appropriate section of Royal Mail's Restricted & Prohibited Items list.

I've used it for air guns up to 2kg for years with no issues whatsoever, with the proviso that if the sender or recipient is in Scotland, N.Ireland, Eire and part of the journey would then be by air, PF48 is the better option.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by nikonman View Post
    ......Aside from PF48, 'low powered, UK-legal airguns' can be sent via the Post Office using RM Special Delivery. Weights of up to 2kg are actually cheaper (£11.30) than PF 48 and you have compensation up to £500 included AND it's a guaranteed next day service You can see confirmation of this in the appropriate section of Royal Mail's Restricted & Prohibited Items list.

I've used it for air guns up to 2kg for years with no issues whatsoever, with the proviso that if the sender or recipient is in Scotland, N.Ireland, Eire and part of the journey would then be by air, PF48 is the better option.
    yup, special delivery is perfect for pistols where you will normally be inside of the length and weight limits.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Have you actually looked at the link?...it's from parcelforce.com using parcelforce copyrighted material.
    The carrier will not be parcel2go it will be parcelforce - parcel2go are just processing the payment.

Using parcelforce branded Web pages should link back to parcelforce terms of service - not something different
    Who the hell is going to go digging into that much detail before sending anything?
    Somebody that wants compensation if their item goes missing or damaged maybe

Just off the phone to Parcelforce .

According to the customer service agent Parcel2go run their website based service hence why parcel2go take the payment .

To get better prices parcels2go negotiate with ParcelForce and to get the best prices things get removed from the service.

Parcel protection is one hence why the send.ParcelForce terms say no parcel protection and the official ParcelForce website says there is still basic cover which is £100 .

Again Parcel2go run the ParcelForce online based services .

If you want the basic £100 go to the post office counter and send it via ParcelForce .
    Last edited by bighit; 19-07-2021 at 03:29 PM.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post

According to the customer service agent Parcel2go run their website based service hence why parcel2go take the payment .

To get better prices parcels2go negotiate with ParcelForce and to get the best prices things get removed from the service.

Parcel protection is one hence why the send.ParcelForce terms say no parcel protection and the official ParcelForce website says there is still basic cover which is £100 .

If you want the basic £100 go to the post office counter and send it via ParcelForce .
    Well done - the first truly useful answer with any degree of authority.

Or weigh, measure and pay, print the label at home and then drop off at the post office with exactly the same benefits or protection, in the last 2 years when I've had to send stuff via pf48.

Also a discount code, should still work.

The code is
    JU21
    Knocks 14% off.
    Just put it in where it asks for a coupon code or promotion code.
    Still have to drop it off, declare tho and que at the post office
    Saves about £3-4
    Enjoy
    Super soaker 3000 (water), nerf fang (foam), noisy cricket (energy), m41a pulse rifle (10x24), Gat gun (.177)

Quote Originally Posted by Strimmer View Post
    Or weigh, measure and pay, print the label at home and then drop off at the post office with exactly the same benefits or protection, in the last 2 years when I've had to send stuff via pf48.

The code is
    JU21
    Knocks 14% off.
    Saves about £3-4
    Enjoy
    not true... some items must be sent at the counter, unless it's changed recently.

See here from Ts and Cs

Arms and Ammunition - low powered air weapons Low-powered air weapons (air rifles, air guns and air pistols), together with lead pellets and other airgun and airsoft projectiles, can be sent but are subject to the following conditions:

These items must be sent on an express48 service only
    These items must be sent via the Post Office only, and presented at the counter
    Enhanced compensation cover is not available

From this link
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

A gentleman at the range uses parcelforce alot and he got a free discount card off there Internet site. He lets others use it and think he gets 15% off at the local post office

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    not true... some items must be sent at the counter, unless it's changed recently.

See here from Ts and Cs

Arms and Ammunition - low powered air weapons Low-powered air weapons (air rifles, air guns and air pistols), together with lead pellets and other airgun and airsoft projectiles, can be sent but are subject to the following conditions:

From this link
    Well to my understanding, and I'm not skirting the rules
    I've followed their terms and conditions by
    1. Declaring what's inside online, it won't allow you to go further otherwise
    2. I've used the pf48 service
    3. Sent via the post office, not a collection service or a comparison site
    4. I again have to declare what's inside to someone when I present it to the post office clerk when i drop it off at a post office

I've literally sent dozens this way, originally as I thought it might be a way of skirting the whole tutting and other related bullshit from a clerk at the check out, but actually it takes as long, as they still go through all the security questions even though you've done them already online. Ive had zero issues this way with the grumpiest post-office I've encountered, and they were fine with it.

What it does do, and it can be used for all parcels sent by Parcelforce atm, is save you a few quid, whether it's a airgun or a book
    Super soaker 3000 (water), nerf fang (foam), noisy cricket (energy), m41a pulse rifle (10x24), Gat gun (.177)

Quote Originally Posted by Strimmer View Post

The code is
    JU21
    Knocks 14% off.
    Saves about £3-4
    Enjoy
    Did you not actually read PF's reply in post #19 above...?

Have you actually looked at the link?...it's from parcelforce.com using parcelforce copyrighted material.
    The carrier will not be parcel2go it will be parcelforce - parcel2go are just processing the payment.

Using parcelforce branded Web pages should link back to parcelforce terms of service - not something different
    Who the hell is going to go digging into that much detail before sending anything?
    Ok I'll try and make it even simpler, for the hard of understanding.
    What matters is in red P2G are acting as an agent taking the money, THAT IS NOT ALLOWED.

Those terms have come from a P2G link NOT DIRECT FROM THE PF WEB PAGE
    Whoever originally posted it must have known the were looking on the P2G web page and you cannot send guns using P2G.

Yes it is copyrighted PF material BECAUSE THOSE ARE THE PF RULES THAT APPLY WHEN YOU USE PF VIA P2G

WHEN YOU GO TO A POST OFFICE YOU PAY A LITTLE BIT MORE, BUT YOU GET BETTER TERMS, LIKE COMPENSATION FOR ANYTHING POSTED.

Strimmer is also 100% correct, you can buy both RM & PF online, from THEIR web sites print the post label, then take the item to a PO hand it over & get proof of posting.

the bits that matter are YOU DEAL DIRECT WITH RM/PF ONLINE & YOU TAKE IT TO THE PO, it's not rocket science, in fact it's so simple a child could understand.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Ok I'll try and make it even simpler, for the hard of understanding.
    What matters is in red P2G are acting as an agent taking the money, THAT IS NOT ALLOWED.

Those terms have come from a P2G link NOT DIRECT FROM THE PF WEB PAGE
    Whoever originally posted it must have known the were looking on the P2G web page and you cannot send guns using P2G.

Yes it is copyrighted PF material BECAUSE THOSE ARE THE PF RULES THAT APPLY WHEN YOU USE PF VIA P2G

WHEN YOU GO TO A POST OFFICE YOU PAY A LITTLE BIT MORE, BUT YOU GET BETTER TERMS, LIKE COMPENSATION FOR ANYTHING POSTED.

Strimmer is also 100% correct, you can buy both RM & PF online, from THEIR web sites print the post label, then take the item to a PO hand it over & get proof of posting.

the bits that matter are YOU DEAL DIRECT WITH RM/PF ONLINE & YOU TAKE IT TO THE PO, it's not rocket science, in fact it's so simple a child could understand.
    But not a fully grown adult obviously...

The bit you're not grasping is - IT IS PF's OWN WEBSITE!!!! It's NOT from P2G.
    If you press buy online - that is the page you go to and there is NO parcel compensation on that page FFS.

So the only way to get the £100 basic compensation I see is to purchase in store, NOT online and take it in.

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post

I have just received my email from PF which says the same as this, so as long as PF is used directly the £100 cover hasn't changed.

Response By E-mail (Kirsty) (20/07/2021 02.47 PM)
    Dear Gary

Thank you for your email.

The information you require is on this link: https://www.parcelforce.com/help-and...d-restrictions

It states:

I hope this helps, please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

Kind regards
    Parcelforce Worldwide Email Team

Thanks to bighit and others that have helped clear this up.

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    yup

But not a fully grown adult obviously...

The bit you're not grasping is - IT IS PF's OWN WEBSITE!!!! It's NOT from P2G.
    If you press buy online - that is the page you go to and there is NO parcel compensation on that page FFS.

So the only way to get the £100 basic compensation I see is to purchase in store, NOT online and take it in.
    No YOU are not grasping that if you use P2G in any way as a link to PF &/or an agent, it goes to a different set of rules special to P2G.

everybody else seems to understand.

Forget P2G even exist,

type in www.royalmail.com &/or www.parcelforce.com and go DIRECT TO THEIR WEB SITES and to buy on line ONLY BUY DIRECT FROM THEIR WEB SITES.

Yes, even when you pay online you still have to take the item to the Post Office and present it at the counter, I said so above #26, but nowhere does it say you must PAY at the counter.

I have done this many times, via RM.com, never have I paid anyone other than RM.

I have just emailed them to ask if paying online & then taking the item to the PO has now been stopped,
    if it has then strimmer's post #24 & my agreement with him in post #26, will both be wrong, & I will remove that paragraph.

But the rest of the thread will still stand as is clear in this link https://www.parcelforce.com/help-and...d-restrictions you do still get £100 basic level cover & do still need to avoid P2G
    Last edited by angrybear; 20-07-2021 at 07:32 PM.