Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Parcelforce Express 48

I think to sum this up instead of going around in circles.....Take it to the post office and pay for PF48. End of! Stuff P2G.
    BASC

Parcel2go also runs DPD' online system.

https://tamebay.com/2017/02/dpd-loca...usinesses.html

Check the webpage here .
    https://www.dpdlocal-online.co.uk/

Also

APC Direct
    https://www.apc-direct.co.uk/

Parcel2go are an alternative to the Post Office .

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sk...yfair-11877421

The company positions itself as an attractive alternative to the Post Office, which is publicly owned and is overseen by UK Government Investments, a unit which sits within the Treasury.

Parcel2Go promises customers savings in excess of 50% on delivery services and argues that by providing cheaper and more efficient alternatives for micro-businesses, small retailers and consumers, It is disrupting a large and under-penetrated market.

In its white-label division, Parcel2Go runs websites for prominent courier services such as Hermes, FedEx/TNT and Parcelforce, which is owned by Royal Mail Group.

As I said a few posts above .

Cut the costs of the service lose some benefits like parcel protection which the ParcelForce customers services confirmed on the phone.
    Last edited by bighit; 20-07-2021 at 11:18 PM.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    No YOU are not grasping that if you use P2G in any way as a link to PF &/or an agent, it goes to a different set of rules special to P2G.

everybody else seems to understand.

Forget P2G even exist,

type in www.royalmail.com &/or www.parcelforce.com and go DIRECT TO THEIR WEB SITES and to buy on line ONLY BUY DIRECT FROM THEIR WEB SITES.

Yes, even when you pay online you still have to take the item to the Post Office and present it at the counter, I said so above #26, but nowhere does it say you must PAY at the counter.

I have done this many times, via RM.com, never have I paid anyone other than RM.

I have just emailed them to ask if paying online & then taking the item to the PO has now been stopped,
    if it has then strimmer's post #24 & my agreement with him in post #26, will both be wrong, & I will remove that paragraph.

But the rest of the thread will still stand as is clear in this link https://www.parcelforce.com/help-and...d-restrictions you do still get £100 basic level cover & do still need to avoid P2G
    The answer was way back in post #19 direct from Parcelforce...

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Just off the phone to Parcelforce .

According to the customer service agent Parcel2go run their website based service hence why parcel2go take the payment .

To get better prices parcels2go negotiate with ParcelForce and to get the best prices things get removed from the service.

Parcel protection is one hence why the send.ParcelForce terms say no parcel protection and the official ParcelForce website says there is still basic cover which is £100 .

Again Parcel2go run the ParcelForce online based services .

If you want the basic £100 go to the post office counter and send it via ParcelForce .
    Seriously, WTF is there about that reply from the horses mouth you do not understand?

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    The answer was way back in post #19 direct from Parcelforce...

Seriously, WTF is there about that reply from the horses mouth you do not understand?
    Because if I take it to the post office & hand it over at the counter I am complying with the stated legal requirements, nowhere I can see does it state that it cannot be paid in advance.

Whenever I search for the terms I get the page that says it has the basic service insurance, but not enhanced cover.
    Apart from the above links on here, I can't see the one saying no cover at all

The answer given depends on the detail of the question asked,
    So the question I have asked is purely "if I pay on line, but then take it to the PO & hand it over, as per the stated requirement, do I have the service cover, as per the quoted terms or not".

If they require it to be paid only at the PO at time of posting, then they should say so, in clear plain English

I've already had the reply that my question has been passed up the line to a manager.

But not a fully grown adult obviously...

The bit you're not grasping is - IT IS PF's OWN WEBSITE!!!! It's NOT from P2G.
    If you press buy online - that is the page you go to and there is NO parcel compensation on that page FFS.
    It’s not really the same.

send.parcelforce.com isn’t the same as parcelforce.com

The distinction is technical and subtle but they’re not the same site. You could turn one off or change it without it affecting the other.

Sales.parcelforce.com is a subdomain used for people reselling parcelforce services. Go direct to Parcelforce and you get a different set from parcelforce.com (without the ‘sales’ in front). By going to parcel2go you aren’t going direct. They send you to sales.parcelforce.com to ensure they’re always up to date and don’t have to keep abreast of any changes in their supplier terms which may catch them out if they change and p2go didn’t update theirs, or if for some reason you chose another service which may end up with a different supplier.

The same thing happens with things like mobile phones, or broadband. You might sign up with Tesco’s and the service might use EE but you won’t always get the same terms as those dealing direct. It’s nothing to do with one set not being updated, it’s just how some services are resold with only the core remaining and the details changing to suit a different price point.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    It’s not really the same.

send.parcelforce.com isn’t the same as parcelforce.com

The distinction is technical and subtle but they’re not the same site. You could turn one off or change it without it affecting the other.

Sales.parcelforce.com is a subdomain used for people reselling parcelforce services. Go direct to Parcelforce and you get a different set from parcelforce.com (without the ‘sales’ in front). By going to parcel2go you aren’t going direct. They send you to sales.parcelforce.com to ensure they’re always up to date and don’t have to keep abreast of any changes in their supplier terms which may catch them out if they change and p2go didn’t update theirs, or if for some reason you chose another service which may end up with a different supplier.

The same thing happens with things like mobile phones, or broadband. You might sign up with Tesco’s and the service might use EE but you won’t always get the same terms as those dealing direct. It’s nothing to do with one set not being updated, it’s just how some services are resold with only the core remaining and the details changing to suit a different price point.
    You haven't really checked any of this have you...
    If you had you'd know that when you go to to parcelforce.com and click 'buy online', you are transferred to send.parcelforce.com which as has been repeated many, many times is because P2G process PF's online payments.
    There is no option to stay within parcelforce.com for online payments.

This getting really boring now, I'm out and the billybullshitters can have the thread to talk bollocks amongst themselves.
    But for anyone remotely sensible - if you ctually want the £100 basic cover : buy at the counter only.

You haven't really checked any of this have you...
    If you had you'd know that when you go to to parcelforce.com and click 'buy online', you are transferred to send.parcelforce.com which as has been repeated many, many times is because P2G process PF's online payments.
    There is no option to stay within parcelforce.com for online payments.

This getting really boring now, I'm out and the billybullshitters can have the thread to talk bollocks amongst themselves.
    But for anyone remotely sensible - if you ctually want the £100 basic cover : buy at the counter only.
    I have.

When you go there and click conditions of carriage it sends you to www.parcelforce.com and there is no mention of p2go. You don't remain on the send.parcelforce.com website.

https://www.parcelforce.com/conditions-of-carriage

See?

Except that link is for business account holders Rob

Until I get a reply to my question about paying on line but then taking to the PO,
    I'm going to agree with harvey & say do not pay online, take it to the PO & pay at the counter.

I still can't find the different terms, saying no compensation, can someone tell me where they are ??

https://www.parcelforce.com/sending-...arcel-delivery

Then hit quick quote with the £ partway down the page . You get this page with send. In front of the ParcelForce address.

https://send.parcelforce.com/

Then click the 3 lines ( menu) opposite the logo then click help and advice then the next page open . Look at packaging
    And you will see the prohibited and no compensation itens button.

Then you get this page .

https://send.parcelforce.com/prohibi...stricted-items.

Only way I can find it.
    Last edited by bighit; 21-07-2021 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Except that link is for business account holders Rob

Until I get a reply to my question about paying on line but then taking to the PO,
    I'm going to agree with harvey & say do not pay online, take it to the PO & pay at the counter.

I still can't find the different terms, saying no compensation, can someone tell me where they are ??
    It’s not. The first para says about account customers and then provides a link to them. Read past that and it says for retail customers the terms are below. Which they are.

Conditions of Carriage
    Conditions of Carriage for account customers (customers that hold a business account with us)

Please see our Conditions of Carriage for account customers here.

Conditions of Carriage for retail customers (customers that do not hold an account with us)

Please see our Conditions of Carriage retail customers below:

https://www.parcelforce.com/conditions-of-carriage

https://www.parcelforce.com/conditions-carriage

See the difference? Different URLs, one is missing the ‘of’

Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    It’s not. The first para says about account customers and then provides a link to them. Read past that and it says for retail customers the terms are below. Which they are.

Conditions of Carriage
    Conditions of Carriage for account customers (customers that hold a business account with us)

Please see our Conditions of Carriage for account customers here.

Conditions of Carriage for retail customers (customers that do not hold an account with us)

Please see our Conditions of Carriage retail customers below:
    My mistake The top line say's for business account holders so that was all I read

Thanks BH was able to find it following your directions,
    Very misleading imo, surely people check before they bother with the buying process, which is when you get the normal terms.
    Last edited by angrybear; 22-07-2021 at 10:40 AM.

Pf 48

The only way to send fully insured is by multiple packages
    ie. package one stock and fittings
    Package two. barrell,cylinder and any large items split between 1 and 2
    Package three trigger mech ,pistons ,spring , dioptors,any thing small

1 and2 send pf48 insure for 100£ included
    send 3 pf24 small package £ 500 Insurance included

If you have to take it to post office to send why not pay there ? It's the purchaser that usually pays so why the problems with cost ?
    Cheers ian

Well if you pay in advance you can then take a photo, ready to go, with the postage paid.

Right
    I'll post my reply I've just had regarding posting a low powered air rifle the way I said, and I was very specific on that, via the pf website and printing the label at home, to be taken to a post office
    Parcel forces reply -

Dear Matthew
    Thank you for your email.
    You can book the service online and then choose the drop off option. You will then need to present the parcel at the Post Office counter.

The compensation terms remain the same whether the parcel is collected or dropped off at a Post Office.
    Kind regards
    Nerea, Parcelforce Worldwide Email Team

I would add the whole email but I've literally cropped out the boarder, nothing edited. If you want it, email me.

I'm out, I've been sending guns this way for years and I can't be arsed with the pathetic bitching on this thread
    Super soaker 3000 (water), nerf fang (foam), noisy cricket (energy), m41a pulse rifle (10x24), Gat gun (.177)