Thread: Stripping my s/h 0.22 Remington Express Compact

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Fixit-Norm View Post
    No problem, the only afternoon I’m out next week is Tuesday as it my shopping day for mum , Oh and if you call, preferably after 9.30am as I’m a late riser, evenings anytime up to midnight
    I'm the opposite to you as I normally get up at 1.15am but it might take me 8 hours to strip it down.

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    I'm the opposite to you as I normally get up at 1.15am but it might take me 8 hours to strip it down.
    Crikey, I’m quite often going to bed as you get up ! I’m guessing it’s for work !

Absolutely.

I couldn’t resist it, my Venoman setback trigger for the Remy arrived today, and very nice it is too, also very clear fitting instructions with pictures
    I know what tomorrow’s workshop job is

Norm.

I've decided to make a start on mine this morning but I've fallen at the first hurdle. I have tried to call you Norm but I must have decoded your number wrong.
    I'm trying to remove the trigger block to get to the spring and I can't fathom home to remove the safety mechanism before I take out the 2 pins. If anyone can give me a pointer it would be greatly appreciated.
    I've tried to find Jon's guide but can't.

would this help?

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    Thanks Mark, I've managed to do it alone. Just about to put it in a sash clamp and see how much preload there is.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    Thanks for the link Mark, I'm sorry but I've only just seen it.

The piston seal is quite a tight fit but I'm frightened of taking too much off it. I have had a little play in the garage and I must say that now the trigger feels quite nice. I'm going to take it to the club with me in the morning and see what it's like over 25yds.
    The next thing is to fit The TbT Maxi Pro kit in and have a look at stiffening the cocking arm a little then it should be all done.