Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Fixit-Norm View Post
Quick update.

After putting around 100pellets through it since sizing the seal the power is only up a few ft/sec and the cocking effort doesn’t seem to have changed at all.
I decided this afternoon to remove one coil from the spring to see if that improved things. It did make the cocking effort noticeably easier but with the FAP pellets has reduced the power to an average of 9.7ftlbs

I should also say when I dismantled it the piston was still quite tight.

I only had time to put a dozen pellets through but was impressed with the consistency - 568-572ft/sec !!

I think once the seal has worn in it may well go up a bit but I was surprised at how much it dropped the power ? If it settles around 10.0 that’ll do or if cocking has improved even further I can always add some preload.

I did put a few Hobby’s and JSBs through but both gave an average of 9.2ftlbs so the FAP’s are obviously the optimum pellet

Norm
Er, just reading this again, Norm. The difference in velocity to achieve 10.0 from 9.7 will be almost negligible. And from a piston seal that may well be tight. I think I'd just leave alone.