Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Stripping my s/h 0.22 Remington Express Compact

would this help?

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    Thanks Mark, I've managed to do it alone. Just about to put it in a sash clamp and see how much preload there is.

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    Thanks Mark, I've managed to do it alone. Just about to put it in a sash clamp and see how much preload there is.
    Apologies for that Gary, I’ve emailed my number �� should’ve done that in the first place

Norm

Just another tip Gary, when you go to put the two small pins and spring back in for the safety, the pins have a flat end and a slightly conical end. The conical ends go either end of the spring, I found if you put them in the other way you can’t compress them enough to slip the little pin in at the end.

Also, once you have them in, before you put the small end pin through that holds them in place, you have to push the cocking lever back a tiny bit more for the bottom pin to drop into place.

Hope this helps, sorry for the phone number cock up ( insert red face here ! )

Norm

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Fixit-Norm View Post
    Just another tip Gary, when you go to put the two small pins and spring back in for the safety, the pins have a flat end and a slightly conical end. The conical ends go either end of the spring, I found if you put them in the other way you can’t compress them enough to slip the little pin in at the end.

Also, once you have them in, before you put the small end pin through that holds them in place, you have to push the cocking lever back a tiny bit more for the bottom pin to drop into place.

Hope this helps, sorry for the phone number cock up ( insert red face here ! )

Norm
    Thanks for your help and advice Norm.
    I've managed to get the dint out of the sleeve by inserting a long 14mm socket inside and tapping it back to shape on the outside with a hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    Thanks for your help and advice Norm.
    I've managed to get the dint out of the sleeve by inserting a long 14mm socket inside and tapping it back to shape on the outside with a hammer.
    Excellent, I wish I’d thought of that, it’s amazing how the obvious sometimes doesn’t come to mind ,

Maybe I’ll sort more than the trigger this afternoon

It was nice chatting, sorry if I went on a bit

Norm

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Fixit-Norm View Post
    Excellent, I wish I’d thought of that, it’s amazing how the obvious sometimes doesn’t come to mind ,

Maybe I’ll sort more than the trigger this afternoon

It was nice chatting, sorry if I went on a bit

Norm
    Norm, you didn't go on at all. The information you gave me was really helpful and it was enlightening hearing about your engineering past.
    I managed to undo the trigger screw, and as you say, removing 2 spring washers has Improved the feel no end (an extended thank you to Jon). I've dressed that shocking spring (I've not gone to town on it as I'm waiting for a TbT Maxi Pro kit).
    It now feels a lot smoother to cock with a bit of Bumslide in there. It is very consistent over the chrony at around 10ft/lb.
    Now I've had it apart with your help I'm sure it will be a lot easier next time.
    The next thing I'll be looking at is that articulated cocking arm, it's quite loose.
    Once again, thanks for your help Norm.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    Thanks for the link Mark, I'm sorry but I've only just seen it.

The piston seal is quite a tight fit but I'm frightened of taking too much off it. I have had a little play in the garage and I must say that now the trigger feels quite nice. I'm going to take it to the club with me in the morning and see what it's like over 25yds.
    The next thing is to fit The TbT Maxi Pro kit in and have a look at stiffening the cocking arm a little then it should be all done.