Thread: Stripping my s/h 0.22 Remington Express Compact

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    Thanks for your help and advice Norm.
    I've managed to get the dint out of the sleeve by inserting a long 14mm socket inside and tapping it back to shape on the outside with a hammer.
    Excellent, I wish I’d thought of that, it’s amazing how the obvious sometimes doesn’t come to mind ,

Maybe I’ll sort more than the trigger this afternoon

It was nice chatting, sorry if I went on a bit

Norm

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Fixit-Norm View Post
    Excellent, I wish I’d thought of that, it’s amazing how the obvious sometimes doesn’t come to mind ,

Maybe I’ll sort more than the trigger this afternoon

It was nice chatting, sorry if I went on a bit

Norm
    Norm, you didn't go on at all. The information you gave me was really helpful and it was enlightening hearing about your engineering past.
    I managed to undo the trigger screw, and as you say, removing 2 spring washers has Improved the feel no end (an extended thank you to Jon). I've dressed that shocking spring (I've not gone to town on it as I'm waiting for a TbT Maxi Pro kit).
    It now feels a lot smoother to cock with a bit of Bumslide in there. It is very consistent over the chrony at around 10ft/lb.
    Now I've had it apart with your help I'm sure it will be a lot easier next time.
    The next thing I'll be looking at is that articulated cocking arm, it's quite loose.
    Once again, thanks for your help Norm.