Thread: HW30s kit

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off

HW30s kit

Is there a version of this with a chequered stock? All the dealer's sites I've looked at all show a plain stock. Same thing on Weihrauch's website, but I'm sure I've seen mention of a new model with chequering somewhere.

Just like to know before I start phoning around for something they don't make!

Cheers.

I have one, I think when I looked it up it was the Deluxe, just done a quick search and come up with this.

https://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA...topic=175405.0
    HW30STL .177, HW45 Blackstar .177, HW77 .177, LGV Challenger .177, BSA Airsporter S Mk1 .22. Original 65 .177, BSA Lightning GRT .177, HW99 .177.

I think that's the thread I saw a few days ago, glad I didn't imagine it then!

Cheers Bullnose.

Quote Originally Posted by Garry View Post
    Is there a version of this with a chequered stock? All the dealer's sites I've looked at all show a plain stock. Same thing on Weihrauch's website, but I'm sure I've seen mention of a new model with chequering somewhere.

Just like to know before I start phoning around for something they don't make!

Cheers.
    Yes, you are not mistaken, I got a couple earlier this year in .177 for my grandson and me. The changes are the stock design as you point out and also the shorter K barrel now has a "light weight" finisher which is easily removed to reveal a thread for a moderator if you so wish. All in all it's still a lovely little gun and the new stock does indeed grow on you once seen and used in the flesh.

Thanks Portzy. I've tracked one down at a dealer's, so I'll have a look at it next weekend if it's still there.

Cheers.

the first carbine models in a kit with scope an no checkering are not threaded just Allen key an lock tight an hard to remove
    the later ones have the thread not sure but i think its all the new style stock and a few of the smooth stock
    i have 2 smooth stock with one is stamped an one etched the etched one is a few months old an they have no thread on them

Thanks for all the replies, they were very helpful.

Managed to make it the rfd yesterday to take a look. As usual, they're out of stock even though the website said they had one in

Tried a HW99s for size, and it felt quite a bit too light to me, so the 30 most likely wouldn't have suited me anyway. The 95K felt just right though, so I'll do a bit of research on those.

Thanks again.