Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BSA Airsporter club .177 Piston help please

Quote Originally Posted by AC99 View Post
    The .177 Club has a 2.4" piston stroke and the .22 Airsporter's stroke is 2.8" so piston unit/latch-rod dimensions may also differ between the two models.
    I thought there was a stroke difference, but hopefully the head and seal profile will be the same --- I may have a look to see if I have a MK2 piston spare for dimensions as they interchange with the MK1.

All the best Mick

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    I've used car body filler to do that , Phil, with a brazing rod embedded in it to make pulling it out easier.
    I've done the same, with the "moulding material" wrapped in cling film, to stop it sticking
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

The .177 Club has a 2.4" piston stroke and the .22 Airsporter's stroke is 2.8" so piston unit/latch-rod dimensions may also differ between the two models.
    Thank you for this information, I appreciate it. I will have to keep my eyes open for a replacement piston and or latch rod for this rifle then. Rare as hen's teeth im guessing.

I will also try the body filler method to get an impression of the end of the compression chamber. That, and any measurements people can give me should be enough to fabricate a replacement.

I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Coralus View Post

I will also try the body filler method to get an impression of the end of the compression chamber. That, and any measurements people can give me should be enough to fabricate a replacement.

I hope.
    Now as my mate can't locate his spare latchrod, I've dug out my spare MK2 piston and measured it for you. :-

image.jpg

I hope this helps ?

All the best Mick

Thanks Mick, much appreciated. I'll update once I've had a chance to work on it.

I've got a mk1 Airsporter piston (.22) stripped on the bench at the moment send me a PM and I'll send you pictures and whatever dimensions you need, im a bit of a ludite when it comes to interweb stuff, so posting pictures here is a bit of a challenge for me !
    Regards
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Coralus View Post
    Thanks Mick, much appreciated. I'll update once I've had a chance to work on it.
    Likely you know Coralus.
    If this is of any help, my calc says incline angle is 63.324°

https://www.calculator.net/right-tri...alculator.html
    Last edited by slow_runner; 15-08-2021 at 06:14 AM.

Only the early ones were shorter in the stroke and main cylinder as T20 mentioned. But looking at the rear trigger section finish it could be the earlier shorter one, the early Mk1 trigger section were a sort of adonized finish that fades to a grey.
    Last edited by DEAN C.; 15-08-2021 at 09:49 AM.
    BASC