Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ten signs that you might be a collector

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by DEAN C. View Post
    No I am in denial....I dont know how many guns I have but I dont have every book!!
    We have just moved house and the wife has gone mad.... She said how many guns have you got?? She doesn't believe that I really dont know.

Does she mean parts of guns, or complete guns?? Stocks, actions....I think she should be more specific.
    The fact that I am still finding some I had forgot about might mean I have a problem.
    It took me months to find some of my guns when we moved, put in all sorts of boxes. and l knew what guns l had got.

Quote Originally Posted by micky2 View Post
    It took me months to find some of my guns when we moved, put in all sorts of boxes. and l knew what guns l had got.
    I knew I had a BSA 240 Magnum pistol somewhere, but could I find it when a friend wanted to have a go with one before buying. I eventually found it after going through goodness knows how many cupboards and boxes. My problem is that I find it difficult to move even duplicates on, but I will need to start doing this soon or maybe move to a bigger property.
    Brian

In the last several months I had a table at 2 Airguns shows and sold about 8 guns. It was actually quite liberating as it got rid of guns that no longer were important to me and freed up space on my racks for those that still fascinate and money to buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    In the last several months I had a table at 2 Airguns shows and sold about 8 guns. It was actually quite liberating as it got rid of guns that no longer were important to me and freed up space on my racks for those that still fascinate and money to buy them.
    Hi Steve,

I must agree that it helps to know when moving items on that somebody will be getting pleasure from something of less importance to you and which you may have even forgotten you own.

Brian

After this Sunday

I hope to have a few less..,
    Good post.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    You might be a collector if:
    10. You own two guns of the exact same model and vintage, but one has a tiny difference that can only be spotted and appreciated by ten other people in the world.
    This is the one that defines a truly focused & perhaps decorated airgun collector, hhh excellent stuff! I'm not there yet, fortunately? so many interesting guns.
    Collection: vintage air pistols & air rifles / vintage air gun accessories
    Facebook groups: vintage air guns 1. Webley, 2 BSA, 3. Haenel, 4. Weihrauch, 5. Diana

A paltry 6/10 but made me chuckle nonetheless

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    I'm not there yet
    You could have fooled me, Dutch

https://pbase.com/iblue/vintage_guns
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    You could have fooled me, Dutch

https://pbase.com/iblue/vintage_guns
    Hes got as nearly as many airsporters as me.
    BASC