Thread: hw85

hw85

A couple of pics from Craig-p Isp air rifles,excellent workmanship.He'll have to put the pics up,I haven't a clue how to! https://postimg.cc/DmqbffzS https://postimg.cc/HrSMGSk3 https://postimg.cc/K4J33qnb
    Last edited by wil95k; 27-07-2021 at 04:13 PM.

Oh goody; will look forward to seeing those pictures; it's guaranteed to be something special. What have you had done to it?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Oh goody; will look forward to seeing those pictures; it's guaranteed to be something special. What have you had done to it?
    He's turned it into a Mercury clone

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Ooh, no, Pete. Heaven forbid!. That'd be akin to converting a 320i into an Allegro!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Link not working for me. Atb mick

Ooh, no, Pete. Heaven forbid!. That'd be akin to converting a 320i into an Allegro!
    I'd rather have an Allegro than a BMW

But seriously now Tone, if the Mercury had an equivalent performing trigger and a decent breech lockup, then would you complain then?

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Not really complaining, more making observations, Pete.

To be fair, I've never really had an issue with the triggers on the BSAs I've owned. I feel that those on the Mercury, properly lubed and adjusted, can be relatively crisp.

My issues mainly surround the barrel pivot and overall internal finish. That barrel pivot pin we've mentioned so many times and the potential for sloppy jaws in later life. And the bolt on the S / Challenger etc., I feel isn't quite up to the job and that they only half did the job there. Piston design / construction disappointing. The one on the Supersport, however, did impress.

Handling wise, my little Supersport is a joy to wield. And my recollection of my earlier Mercury was of a fine handling, very pointable rifle. This S, however, with its heavy barrel shroud feels far too long, front heavy and unwieldy.

Not really complaining, more making observations, Pete.

To be fair, I've never really had an issue with the triggers on the BSAs I've owned. I feel that those on the Mercury, properly lubed and adjusted, can be relatively crisp.

My issues mainly surround the barrel pivot and overall internal finish. That barrel pivot pin we've mentioned so many times and the potential for sloppy jaws in later life. And the bolt on the S / Challenger etc., I feel isn't quite up to the job and that they only half did the job there. Piston design / construction disappointing. The one on the Supersport, however, did impress.

Handling wise, my little Supersport is a joy to wield. And my recollection of my earlier Mercury was of a fine handling, very pointable rifle. This S, however, with its heavy barrel shroud feels far too long, front heavy and unwieldy.
    I have to agree with you with the long barreled version, they are OK for a plinking session in the back garden but a Merc/Challenger with a Lightning barrel fitted is nice and pointable, the Lightning itself (or on my case my Supersport custom with a lightning barrel) is very pointable and light.

Pete

O.K. , that is enough about those cut down bicycle frame pellet throwers, back to the real airguns.
    Please show us the HW85 from the o.p.

================
    Frank

Quote Originally Posted by frakor View Post
    O.K. , that is enough about those cut down bicycle frame pellet throwers, back to the real airguns.
    Please show us the HW85 from the o.p.

================
    Frank
    A little harsh

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    A little harsh

Pete
    I know the truth hurts. LOL LOL

==========
    Frank