Thread: Two Bell Targets For Sale: Collection at Kempton

Two Bell Targets For Sale: Collection at Kempton

I have two bell targets that are surplus to requirements and are therefore advertised for sale.

The first is a 1950s bell target with a traditional spring loaded cocking mechanism. Hitting the centre releases the spring loaded mechanism and rings the bell. The target is also wired up to an electronic buzzer that would go off when a bullseye was scored. A light is also fitted and works, albeit the buzzer could probably do with a service. I would not recommend using the electrics without testing them for safety as the wiring for the buzzer looks to be mostly 1950s vintage! The target is unbranded and probably made by an engineer from the Working Men's Club I was told it saw decades of use at when I bought it. The target, light and buzzer are contained in a huge wooden box. £145 NOW SOLD

The second is a German Roland branded target in the shape of a shield. Hit the centre and a plunger rings the bell, which looks like a bucket!

The pellets from low powered airguns are intended to adhere to the target surface for scoring. Some of these targets had numbers on the scoring rings, which would imprint upon the flattened lead pellet for scoring but mine is plain. It's all complete with a period piece of rope for hanging on the range or gunroom wall. £275. NOW SOLD

Both of these are large items, hence the main reason for selling them. I'm particularly fond of the Roland as they are very scarce but simply too big for me to adequately display/use. I'm not looking to post either but am happy to bring them to Kempton on Sunday 1st August for collection and a cash sale.

Link to pics below.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/x2iYxvKRJsRRNkHB6

Thanks for looking.

John
    Last edited by Josie & John; 01-08-2021 at 04:28 PM.
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Unframed Dave is online now World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Hi john, can I take the Roland please.

Cheers

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Hi Dave,

Thank you for responding.

The Roland is yours.

Kind regards,

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22

The Roland is spoken for but the 1950s Bell Target is still for sale.

I'll bring it to Kempton on 1st August if anyone wants to see it.

John

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    The Roland is spoken for but the 1950s Bell Target is still for sale.

I'll bring it to Kempton on 1st August if anyone wants to see it.

John
    I would like to see it but i won't promise to buy it, the size could be the problem.

Cheers

Melv

Chippendale (with clothes on)

Quote Originally Posted by Chippendale View Post
    I would like to see it but i won't promise to buy it, the size could be the problem.

Cheers

Melv

Chippendale (with clothes on)
    Hi Melv,

It'll either be with Binners or by the table store and you are welcome to see it if it has not sold by the time you come over.

The actual target itself is a standard spring cocking bell target that can be used out of the wooden box - in fact I did when I first bought this target. However, it all came together, so that's how it is being offered for sale.

Kind regards,

John