Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SSP madness?

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    I was going to have a go at building a small and light single stroke gun, Tone, so I looked around for a gun to convert.
    I ended up buying an SMK QB somethingorother CO2 gun to convert, these have a decent barrel and bolt assembly, and a fairly decent trigger.
    I was going to use a wider pump tube than the original CO2 tube and then drop the lot into a HW85 stock, the only problem was that the pump arm would have to lie on the left of the action rather than the right as on the Mohawk.
    unfortunately I never got round to playing with it, so I now have a QB thingy I've never fired a single pellet through and a spare HW85 stock.

I might have to dig this out for another think now, if I sacrificed power I could use the same diameter tube as the QB CO2 tube for the pump then use the QB stock as well.

All the best Mick
    Ooo-er, a T20 single-stroke project.. Yes please, Mick; I think we'd all look forward to seeing the resulting little toy from this.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Aha. There's a little challenge for you then, Tom.. I wonder if the standard valving / trigger arrangement would be fine as it is, or if it would "beefing up" in any way? Guessing it'd need that higher pumped volume (would longer stroke only suffice or would it need larger bore too?) and a longer barrel to make the use of it.
    Unsure, initial thoughts suggest that the compression tube being hinged might not be the best solution also (possibly not strong enough for 3 or 4x the pressure?), so might require a rethink there. Which in turn would mean a new valve… but possibly a longer stroke and bigger bore also.

All fun and games though
    Slightly obsessed with Single Stroke Pneumatics
    Also making stocks over at Daviesbuilt gunstocks.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Ooo-er, a T20 single-stroke project.. Yes please, Mick; I think we'd all look forward to seeing the resulting little toy from this.
    If I was up to doing this, I'd have done it by now --- I've had the QB for about four years now.

All the best Mick

Didn't JB do something like this? I'm sure I've seen pictures of a pump assembly he used to make to replace the tube assembly on bra's?

If I was up to doing this, I'd have done it by now --- I've had the QB for about four years now.

All the best Mick
    Ah, gotcha.. And, to be fair (apologies for the slight de-rail), for my requirements and taste, if considering low to medium power, a HW30S does it all anyway.....lightweight, excellent trigger, superb accuracy, forgiving cycle, one easy & smooth cocking stroke and all achieved with just the very slightest of movement. Not enough to affect accuracy or ease of achieving that accuracy but enough to endow it with that all-important character.

And, although I do enjoy the HW40 and often marvel at its easy to access accuracy (especially at its price point), boredom can sometimes set in as it can be all too easy. Must push the envelope further and choose more testing targets..
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

I also have a Sportsmam MK2 but very rarely use it as I find it a bit heavy compared to the Mowhawks, could be my imagination though. :-

Attachment 316127

The other two SSP I have are a Feinwerkbau 600 and a 602, I'll eventually fit a scope to the 600 and use it for a bit of short range target work and plinking.
    You fitted a scope to your Feinwekbau 600, i have been wanting to do this on my 602, what did you use?

Quote Originally Posted by BC312 View Post
    You fitted a scope to your Feinwekbau 600, i have been wanting to do this on my 602, what did you use?
    Sorry chap, I've still not fitted it even though I have all the gear :-

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....34#post8024234

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by carlins2000 View Post
    Didn't JB do something like this?
    I think he did. But not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by carlins2000 View Post
    Didn't JB do something like this? I'm sure I've seen pictures of a pump assembly he used to make to replace the tube assembly on bra's?
    We could be thinking of different things but I think the pump assemblies fitted to BSAs were a multi-pump but multi shot affair. Surprised that idea never caught on to be honest…
    Slightly obsessed with Single Stroke Pneumatics
    Also making stocks over at Daviesbuilt gunstocks.