Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Olympic 2020 Air Rifle Shooting

Olympic 2020 Air Rifle Shooting

Can anyone tell me where I can watch any of the air rifle events from the Olympics, I’ve looked on the BBC I Player but can’t find anything?

I’m sure the 10m event has taken place?

Women’s final was 24th, men’s 25th, it was the first medal won
    Some videos can be found here
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?clie...w=1300&bih=844

50m three position is on Saturday morning.
    Still trying to watch it somewhere.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Discoveryplus.co.uk £6.99 for 1 month or £29.99 for 1st year (then £59.99) or Eurosportplayer.com not sure of the price.

The women's 10m rifle was on Eurosport 1 but no other shooting that I could find.
    I even set the sky box to 'record series' for Olympic shooting but it hasn't recorded anything else.

Oh, just found Eurosport player is moving on to Discovery+ so same price.

I have just joined Discovery+ for 3 day free trial followed by £4.99 a month.
    I have found some shooting events GB took bronze in trap after a nail-biting shoot off. There as much beach volley ball as you can shake your stick at.
    Women's 25m pistol Fri 05.50.
    Trap team Sat 01.25
    Women's 50m rifle 07.50 sat
    Mens rapid fire pistol 06.20 mon
    Mens 50m rifle 08.40 mon.

I did say stick didn't I.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil54 View Post
    I have just joined Discovery+ for 3 day free trial followed by £4.99 a month.
    I have found some shooting events GB took bronze in trap after a nail-biting shoot off. There as much beach volley ball as you can shake your stick at.
    Women's 25m pistol Fri 05.50.
    Trap team Sat 01.25
    Women's 50m rifle 07.50 sat
    Mens rapid fire pistol 06.20 mon
    Mens 50m rifle 08.40 mon.

I did say stick didn't I.
    Steyr Challenge HFT - HW97K - BSA Mercury Challenger - Anschutz 9015 One - AA Pro Target - AA Pro Elite - ASI Paratrooper (R) - Walther LP500

Coverage of the shooting has been terrible without subscription. In fact other than this morning on the trap (because there's a medal involved) there's been bugger all.
    Steyr Challenge HFT - HW97K - BSA Mercury Challenger - Anschutz 9015 One - AA Pro Target - AA Pro Elite - ASI Paratrooper (R) - Walther LP500

Quote Originally Posted by bootneckbob View Post
    Coverage of the shooting has been terrible without subscription. In fact other than this morning on the trap (because there's a medal involved) there's been bugger all.
    True, so write a complaint to the BBC because they're covering it but have no shooting at all on iplayer.

Is there anything on Youtube?

I can’t find it on YouTube although I did watch the dressage! What is that about, really?

It trots, it trots some more, it goes sideways, carries on trotting, amazingly the rider does it one handed!

Going back on YouTube to watch Huntersvermin to calm down!

Give me strength

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    True, so write a complaint to the BBC because they're covering it but have no shooting at all on iplayer.
    And they’ll tell you Eurosport outbid them with £920m for the full European rights and they’ve limited what the bbc can show to one tv and one online channel. Thus the bbc have been limiting coverage to the events that team Gb medal in or likely to, and if conflicted then it’s the more dynamic viewing rating events.

They covered the shotgun bronze yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    And they’ll tell you Eurosport outbid them with £920m for the full European rights and they’ve limited what the bbc can show to one tv and one online channel. Thus the bbc have been limiting coverage to the events that team Gb medal in or likely to, and if conflicted then it’s the more dynamic viewing rating events.

They covered the shotgun bronze yesterday.
    I'd never expect live coverage, but there's nothing to stop them having highlights on demand along with the hundreds/thousands of other offerings on demand,

If you don't complain then you can't moan about them never covering shooting sports,
    I pay my licence fee so I will complain about their refusal to show an Olympic sport because they don't like guns.

I've been watching it on Discovery+

Great interface for finding the things you want to watch, just select the sport you want and even all the stuff already shown is on there.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    I'd never expect live coverage, but there's nothing to stop them having highlights on demand along with the hundreds/thousands of other offerings on demand,

If you don't complain then you can't moan about them never covering shooting sports,
    I pay my licence fee so I will complain about their refusal to show an Olympic sport because they don't like guns.
    Largely they’ve highlighted sports where TeamGB have medalled of been in the final round. Unfortunately with shooting that’s not happened much. The one time it has they played it on replay daytime on tv and followed the coverage until the final result.

I think they need to liven it up a bit, open sights on break barrel springers anyone !...
    .22 S410...
    .22 Webley Xocet...
    .22 HW95k...