Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where do gunshops get their secondhand prices from?

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Not all bad. I got a nice S310 for £320 and an MFR for £600.both with 3 months warranty
    Pete

I think they look on guntrader then match or increase depending on condition, its self perpetuating!
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    I hate it when they ask you to take it in cos they can only offer a valuation when they see it and then when you get there they say "How much do you want for it ?"
    pisses me off that ! I always say "a million quid "
    That’s what I should have gone with! Particularly as I have no real idea what they’re worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwackersaki View Post
    I recently contacted a gun shop with a view to sell and they said they didn’t know what to offer. When I opened the bidding they immediately came back and offered less!
    Of course they will, because any saving is more profit, that is simple haggling, whether they think the original asking price was fair or a bargain they'll try to get a few quid knocked off.

I think they look at private sale prices, buy at half that & add 30-50%+ on top of the private sale price.
    OK, they have to pay the rent, staff etc. Even so.

ATB

Bru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Of course they will, because any saving is more profit, that is simple haggling, whether they think the original asking price was fair or a bargain they'll try to get a few quid knocked off.
    I think it’s because when I’ve sold anything in the past, cars, watches, etc. the dealer has always opened the bidding with £xx amount. When told “I don’t know”, I kind of thought “aren’t you supposed to be the expert”?