Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Frank Clarke Titan Mk1 Air Pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Hi Pete
    I would have thought around another fifty or sixty quid with original length barrel.
    Brian
    No big deal then. I have the proper pellets to go with them somewhere

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    I would put the price differential a little higher, at about £100, but I suppose it depends how desperately someone wants one. What you say about the pellets intrigues me though, as there is the potential they could be worth twice that differential !

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    No big deal then. I have the proper pellets to go with them somewhere
    Hello Pete,
    Is the barrel on your 7th Series Titan rifled or smooth? My 7th Series has a rifled barrel, but I understand they were mainly smootbore.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post
    I would put the price differential a little higher, at about £100, but I suppose it depends how desperately someone wants one. What you say about the pellets intrigues me though, as there is the potential they could be worth twice that differential !
    I am told that the FCB under the pellet/slug stands for Frank Clarke Birmingham and as they came with the pistols, I did not doubt it.

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Yes, indeed they were made by Frank Clarke and they date to the 1930's (data from John Atkns' Airgunner articles). I can't make out if you have one box or two, but in that fine condition and with the Clarke connection, one box with contents should fetch more then £100 (at least, going by prevous vintage pellet prices). Great buy with your Titan!

[QUOTE=ccdjg;8084244]Yes, indeed they were made by Frank Clarke and they date to the 1930's (data from John Atkns' Airgunner articles). I can't make out if you have one box or two, but in that fine condition and with the Clarke connection, one box with contents should fetch more then £100 (at least, going by prevous vintage pellet prices). Great buy with your Titan![/QUOT
    Thank you John
    Yes 2 boxes with two pistols, one has been opened, but retaining most of the contents.

[QUOTE=Binners;8084234]I am told that the FCB under the pellet/slug stands for Frank Clarke Birmingham and as they came with the pistols, I did not doubt it.
    [QUOTE]

Some Tell 2 pistols have FCB stamped on the back of the cocking lever which is believed to indicate that they were distributed by Frank Clarke.

Brian
    Last edited by Abasmajor; 06-11-2021 at 01:27 PM.