Thread: Pcp

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I've had a few pcp's in the past,as already mentioned above the AA400 series (got one now with tench reg) faultless and lazer accurate,the webley fx2000 I had in .22 was stupidly accurate and very consistent and an absolute doddle to replace the seals....would love to get one in .177 carbine,rapid mk1 provided it hasn't had the shed treatment by Mr club hands while wearing a blindfold,again an easy gun to work on.
    Had a hw100 that kept springing a slow leak but was very accurate but heavy,also had the daystate huntsman in both calibres...got to be the best looking and very nice handling pcp but I found every now and then it would throw a flyer.
    Smile!...today is the day you worried about yesterday. :-)

Supanova II Weymouth....http://www.supanova-charters.co.uk/

In my opinion FWIW you can't beat the S200, S400, S410 or BSA Scorpion and in my case HW100. Never had a problem at all with my 100 and is a laser with JSB exact 4.53

The S200 would definitely be the last to leave the stable.

S410...
    .22 S410...
    .22 Webley Xocet...
    .22 HW95k...

Depends a little on what you will use it for, but I have had a lot of different PCPs over the years, Rapids, Falcons, Steyrs HW100's, daystate Air Ranger, AA Pro Target, AA NJR 100, AAEV2, AA400x 3, AAMPR400 x4 and a few that I have forgotten.

But, for your budget AA400 every time. There is no gun that is more accurate than a 400 no matter what you pay for it. I should know I own two Steyrs which are fabulous, but no more accurate than any of the three 400's or four MPR 400's I have shot with. I can shoot just as accurately with my AA MPR 400 as I can with my Steyrs or Air Arms EV2.

They are cheap for parts, easy to repair and simple to work on if you are mechanically minded. I have shot a few S200's and the are nice with a great barrel, but not as nice as a good 400 in my opinion.
    BASC

Operating without any decent restraint - Nottm
    In my PCP stable at the moment, all £500 and under.
    Weihrauch HW100
    Weihrauch HW100K
    AirArms S200
    AirArms S310
    Airarms S410

To be fair, there isn't much between them in accuracy. When I say much, the HW's have the edge, but its down to the width of a .177 pellet @45 mts. But then again this could be down to the pellet brand that suits the gun. So I'll make a sweeping statement and say they are all as good as each other. Bench rested, all of these put a pellet inside a pound coin @45mts

You'll struggle to get a decent HW100 for less than 500 quid. The AirArms can all be got for £300-450

The AirArms are simple to take apart and service yourself. The HW's are a far more complicated animal.

If 600 quid is your total budget, all of the above should be within range with something like an MTC 3-12x44 Viper

1st Battalion Humberside Cavalier Rescue Deserters on the cut