Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Right guys, we don't usually do this but....

Quote Originally Posted by Thamesides View Post
    For me they overstepped the mark by hoping that a mod from here would die of cancer.
    Really ? have you a link to that ?

Sorry that you have made this decision but perfectly understandable IMO.

Many AGF members will miss your presence - those who gave you grief do not represent the majority of members.

Keep up the good work.
    Paint chipping for Air Arms & Ireland HFT Teams.

I think everyone needs to smarten up and work together as a whole community.

this divisiveness does knack all good for the sport as a whole.

Some years ago, I put a lot of effort, time and mileage, into unifying the lurcher community, following the hunting with dogs act.

The holier than thou attitude from some, spoilt what what could have been a unified community. This is like bloody dejavau.

While we bicker and disagree, our liberties are stripped from us.

FFS lets bury the hatchet and grow a pair.
    Last edited by robs5230; 01-08-2021 at 11:33 PM.
    B.A.S.C. member

Quote Originally Posted by Rotherham Owl View Post
    Sorry that you have made this decision but perfectly understandable IMO.

Many AGF members will miss your presence - those who gave you grief do not represent the majority of members.

Keep up the good work.
    Cheers Steve,

I'm aware that by far the vast majority of the AGF membership are good guys. I lay the blame for this situation squarely at the feet of the moderators for not only allowing this to go on but actively encouraging it.

I've no doubt there'll be some lengthy diarrhea on there about taking some imaginary high ground by the moderators but the truth is they seem to get off on the status quo.

It's quite worrying when you consider the nature of what we do and the fact that these guys are representing you.

Anyway, I'm not going to stoop to their level for much longer, we will return to not criticising other shooting forums in a short while and I'll close this thread off.

In the meantime, I hope it's kicked off some intelligent conversation over there and might move things along a little.

Whilst I try to remain optimistic, I'm doubtful.

Stay safe.

Dave
    Last edited by Unframed Dave; 02-08-2021 at 04:06 AM.
    Smell my cheese

Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post

Some years ago, I put a lot of effort, time and mileage, into unifying the lurcher community, following the hunting with dogs act.

The holier than thou attitude from some, spoilt what what could have been a unified community. This is like bloody dejavau.

Spot on.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Quote Originally Posted by popgun View Post
    "I could never respect an organisation that would have me as a member" to coin a phrase. I find it sad as others do that there seems to be a divide particularly since no-one can pinpoint when or why. It may simply be a case of local derby football rivalry (mentioning no teams)

I have just taken up the air gun world again after too many years but to give you some sort of indication; I've just taken re possesion of my Webley victor that I bought from new and left with my uncle in wales in 1990. Both sites have been a great help to me to catch up on new technologies and developments and some of the build/mod threads on both sites are truly inspirational...wish I was a gun smith now...but i'm not so any and all help I can get from both sites is greatly appreciated and hopefully when I've got my big boy shooting pants on I can repay the debt.

Too new to appreciate all the work that you Dave have done on AGF but thank you and hope you enjoy your freed up time.

Kind regards,

Mike.
    Indeed I did sir, I had a couple of cracking hours on the sea bass yesterday and even managed to bring home our dinner. Time well spent.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Some of them over there are very childish you can see by there comments itís always the same people who slag people off on threads there and are allowed to do it by the mods. Looking at the way different mods work it seems thereís one mod ringleader who makes storyís up as a reply and breaks all the rules set my the forum but is allowed to as the others wonít say anything to him. He seems to be nothing but a bully which does not go down well when your a moderator of a shooting forum. I take my hat of to you Dave for being the bigger person and trying to get some common ground and get them all to try and move forward as there is enough space for the forums to all run. Each forum has its own good and bad parts as nothing and no one is perfect but thatís what lifeís about everyone is different and everyone has an opinion but with this being to do with air guns and also FAC ones there needs to be common ground found and I think you have done the right thing and now left it to them to try and find common ground now. Some people just love to be keyboard warriors and we all know who they are.

Sorry just had to have my day.

There has been another forum set up recently by some of the banned members from AGF - the "Airgun Owners Club".

I don't go on there, apparently it is quite racy.
    Last edited by T 20; 03-08-2021 at 04:25 PM.
    Where is that S&W 78G I am after?

GVATL2h.jpg

Robs5230

Two of my best friends, I love the way the earth is being sprayed up behind George, quite an old photo and been seen on here a few times.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    GVATL2h.jpg

Robs5230

Two of my best friends, I love the way the earth is being sprayed up behind George, quite an old photo and been seen on here a few times.

Dave
    Nice looking hound that Dave.

I miss running lurchers and I've always favoured deerhound / greyhound and bedlington / whippet crosses.

My last dog went to a lad up country, about 4 years ago, as I simply didn't have enough rabbits to put in front of him.
    Wish I still had the bugger now, as my perm is over run
    B.A.S.C. member

It's sad to see you put in the position where you had to leave that forum Dave,
    I also did like the AGF until I too felt the need to log out and never return and I still miss the many good friends I made and met through the AGF meets.
    But I must admit that my own dealing with the mod team were always positive, even when I was having some of my dark days and screwed up big time they were always good to me and very patient with me.
    And I personally believe that the biggest single blow and change of forum direction happened after jackroadkill left because the nastiness from some members seemed to spread unchecked rather quickly from that point on.

That being said I have no time for the owner after he was caught editing member profiles to ridicule them.

It's still a shame that both forums cannot enjoy a good relationship, because the community would benefit as a whole with a combined approach against scammers instead of the 2 separate platforms that they can exploit right now.

Quote Originally Posted by mikehill View Post
    Really ? have you a link to that ?
    Have sent a pm,but can't find any archive of bbs2

Scott,

I know where you're coming from, jack was an all round decent bloke and well respected both as a moderator and a gentleman.

Aside from this, I've had very few run ins with the team, I had a few bollockings off egg back in the day, but then who didn't?

Moderating is a damned if you do, damned if you don't position and very often you're put in positions you wish you weren't, so overall I have some empathy. I cannot however empathise with putting your own personal wants in front of the sport the forum exists to support. The desire to keep this spat growing is unhealthy and judging from the responses I've had on here, by text, email, WhatsApp and pm, it's a minority that are getting a kick out of it.

Time to move on I think.

On that note, unless mick has anything to add, I'll lock this later and we'll resume normal service.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

You can't agree with everyone all of the time.

I've just been on AGF to see what the fuss is about and had to reset my profile as it had been so long since i had been on.

I think the only thing I could add is a reply to, Rob's post, Dave. :-

Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post

For many years the BBS admin have operated a policy of deleting any threads or posts slagging off any other forums or their volunteer admin teams, which is why you won't find any such content on here, Rob --- this thread being a simple reflection of Dave's frustration with the present situation.

The visible content of any Internet forum is the responsibility of its owner and admin team, I think if you compare the two threads started by Dave, it will soon become clear who is actively encouraging this divide and have been doing so for a good many years, which is why all AGF admin are now banned from the BBS.

It would be quite impossible for BBS admin to call a truce on a battle that we're not actually participating in, so consequently we have no hatchet to bury.

All the best Mick

Last edited by T 20; 09-08-2021 at 06:39 AM.