Thread: Wood Grip Webley Mk.1 pellets and spares box.

Wood Grip Webley Mk.1 pellets and spares box.

I recently answered a post asking for the above, but found it extremely difficult to determine a price for it.
    It is in extremely good original condition with an undamaged label, contains quite a few presumably original pellets along with an undamaged small brown paper packet containing a replacement two part leather piston washer, plus a leather and brass breech seal, all leather items being as hard as a hard thing.
    I've enclosed some photographs and would appreciate sensible suggestions as to value.
    I'm not fussed about selling as it takes up no room in the cabinet, but as the original enquirer stated, it completes a boxed .22 Mk.1 Wood Grip with this item missing.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Please remember, THIS IS NOT A SALES THREAD.

Hi David,

The late great KB sometimes had these for sale - usually priced between £80-100.

These sample boxes rarely come up for sale and if you're missing one, I can see it would be very frustrating.

Is it me or does it seem that many Webley pistols these days are sold sans accessories, which you then see being sold on places like t'bay? I think this is a sad reflection on our hobby when sellers place profit before heritage. Do you remember the days when a boxed Webley used to come with a plethora of original accessories when offered for sale?

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Thanks for your estimate. John.

Over the years, I've had a few boxed Webley pistols sans original contents of leaflets, pellets, etc., but also a few more without.
    It's always nice to find the original paraphernalia.

Apart from the Mk.1 pellet box, I also have a box holder for a Webley Target pistol, which is normally glued to the inner base. This one came from a really decrepit box I obtained from the USA, which unfortunately was beyond redemption. Fortunately, the pistol wasn't in quite such a state and I managed to clean it up reasonably well, but if I'd known it's true state I wouldn't have purchased it.
    The photographs taken by the con artist seller only showed one side of the pistol and what was left of the lid label. I did contact him and was promised a partial refund, which I'm still waiting for 10 years on.
    That's the first and last time I've been tempted by a private USA seller.