Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Iron sight HFT tip

Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    This looks great! Please could you sign-post the laser cut disks with holes in?
    Cheers
    Hi Frog, it was item number 293015681235 from the bay (seller is km-acrylic),
    I chose the 2mm thick discs and 14mm diameter then I contacted the seller with the request to do the centre hole which he was very happy to help out with.

Good Luck
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Excellent thinking there, Scott; well done. And, again, thank you for sharing.

When I've looked in the past, Brownell's had a large range of different diameter / size rods and inserts for fibre optics. I'm sure an Internet search would reveal even more suppliers, too. I wonder if any have experimented with different diameter rods to achieve finer aiming marks etc? I wonder how workable and effective a set-up may be where we just have the rod in the front sight and no fibre optics in the rear?
    Thanks Tony, I have tried it with normal rear sights and it works just as well.
    But me beeping a poser I just had to get the fiber rears too

Quote Originally Posted by Scott. View Post

Thanks Tony, I have tried it with normal rear sights and it works just as well.
    But me beeping a poser I just had to get the fiber rears too
    Thank you for the further information, Scott. I will be embarking on more open sight playtime very, very soon, with the fibre optics definitely an area to explore.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott. View Post
    Hi Bill, Pete Lowe, Gareth Hunt, Nick Pye and the rest of the "Open Sight Nutters" have overruled Andy Mac's grumpy objection to diopters to be more inclusive and attract as many new shooters to open sights as possible.
    Also from what I remember Jonny McBam and James Hesson both shot open sight PCP's at a few shoots for fun, although they couldn't win anything and it was only for fun and bragging rights
    Yep, I remember the "no wooosy diopters" rule On the flip side though, do you know how much persuading it took us to get him to drop the rule about the open sighters having to shoot with a bag over their head? He reckoned being able to see the target made it too easy.

Got to say though all of the events were really good fun. A great laugh littered with copious amounts of slagging - perfect.
    The 0.22 Treefeller X X2R HW77k
    Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious animal on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    Now that is a great idea and very well done. Thanks so much for sharing.
    This is what I love about iron sights, there’s so much room for experimentation.
    I'd agree with that. It's actually quite surprising the combinations people come up with (front and rear). I also think the HW80 foresight is a great platform to start with - filed triangular posts, ultra thin posts - it's a potential cottage industry

I also like the observation about no wobble on target. We all know we do it but because you don't notice it so much it fills you with the misguided confidence that every shot will be a kill.
    The 0.22 Treefeller X X2R HW77k
    Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious animal on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumberjack View Post
    I'd agree with that. It's actually quite surprising the combinations people come up with (front and rear). I also think the HW80 foresight is a great platform to start with - filed triangular posts, ultra thin posts - it's a potential cottage industry

I also like the observation about no wobble on target. We all know we do it but because you don't notice it so much it fills you with the misguided confidence that every shot will be a kill.
    Lol Im usually over the moon with a plate and that's definitely the misguided confidence kicking in

Open sighters

I've been waiting patiently for an open sighted nutter shoot for too long, just need somebody who is actually a club member to step up this year as Keltyboy and myself are nomads atm, or there would have already been a gathering. missing all the other " nutters"

Quote Originally Posted by petethemap View Post
    I've been waiting patiently for an open sighted nutter shoot for too long, just need somebody who is actually a club member to step up this year as Keltyboy and myself are nomads atm, or there would have already been a gathering. missing all the other " nutters"
    That explains a lot Pete, Ive been wondering when the Kingdom lads would put a course out
    Hope yer keeping well auld yin

Quote Originally Posted by petethemap View Post
    Pete the lurker! Have they finally seen sense and kicked you boys out then?

Glad you're hanging in there Pete.