Thread: 30/30 reticle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    I always liked what I refer to as "tight duplex" rets for hunting... probably more like 15/15 than 30/30.

Basically, on 9x mag, I had it so with a zero of around 30-35 yards, the pointed tip of the bottom duplex post is a perfect 45 yard holdover point (my max .177 range), or 40 yards for .22. Kinda like a "1 mildot" ret...
    I know the ret' you mean John. I think it's marketed for HMR scopes, I've a couple and it works well as a holdover point with a zero at 25yds. I think (depending on manufacturer) it gets branded as the 'dual x' ret' or 'multi x ret'.

If I go on a standard 30/30 ret' with my .177", the base of the hair is perfect at x7 mag for the bucket at the hollow with a 25yd zero.

Been thinking along the lines of going 30/30 again for some time now but trying to find something that suits my budget/specs is hard going so I gave up...
    .22 S410...
    .22 Webley Xocet...
    .22 HW95k...

Iv got a nice and simple 4x40 duplex on the slr98 and wouldn’t change it unless i broke it, simple and accurate, rats hate it 👍

Quote Originally Posted by cjos16 View Post
    Iv got a nice and simple 4x40 duplex on the slr98 and wouldn’t change it unless i broke it, simple and accurate, rats hate it 👍
    What make buddy ?...
    .22 S410...
    .22 Webley Xocet...
    .22 HW95k...

Still got my Simmons Deerfield. Works as it needs to. Must admit I don't use it much now.
    Rabbit Stew, no artificial additives except lead.
    IF THE MUD REACHES YOUR KNEES GET OUT OF THE FIELD QUICK.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.

Most of mine are 30-30 or other simple traditional patterns (German 4 etc).

Maybe just because of how long I’ve been shooting with that kind of thing, or because I’m a bit dim, but I find most of the modern dot/tree/etc things too complicated and fussy for me to use easily and quickly.