Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 30/30 reticle

Been thinking along the lines of going 30/30 again for some time now but trying to find something that suits my budget/specs is hard going so I gave up...
    .22 S410...
    .22 Webley Xocet...
    .22 HW95k...

Iv got a nice and simple 4x40 duplex on the slr98 and wouldn’t change it unless i broke it, simple and accurate, rats hate it 👍

Quote Originally Posted by cjos16 View Post
    Iv got a nice and simple 4x40 duplex on the slr98 and wouldn’t change it unless i broke it, simple and accurate, rats hate it 👍
    What make buddy ?...
    .22 S410...
    .22 Webley Xocet...
    .22 HW95k...

Still got my Simmons Deerfield. Works as it needs to. Must admit I don't use it much now.
    Rabbit Stew, no artificial additives except lead.
    IF THE MUD REACHES YOUR KNEES GET OUT OF THE FIELD QUICK.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.

Most of mine are 30-30 or other simple traditional patterns (German 4 etc).

Maybe just because of how long I’ve been shooting with that kind of thing, or because I’m a bit dim, but I find most of the modern dot/tree/etc things too complicated and fussy for me to use easily and quickly.

Yes, Geez, I also find some of the "feature laden" reticles too cluttered for most of my uses. One of my rifles even has just a single post with a point atop. Is that a German sniper reticle? Simple but effective. However, as mentioned earlier, when we get to the Bashes and take on the little Quigley Bucket at 75 yards, the mildots do come into their own and give a definite aiming mark. You can do it without and it normally involves a little bit of trial and error and "walking it in", made even easier if you have a spotter. But most of the time I wouldn't be shooting at such extended ranges and the simple duplex serves needs well.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!