Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kempton Park Fair - 1 Aug 2021 Photos

Kempton Park Fair - 1 Aug 2021 Photos

A huge thank you to Liz and Peter Binfield as well as the team for putting on another successful event.

There were some interesting 'fresh' airguns at today's show including a boxed Haenel 28R, a Westley Richards with heart cutout and a fair old selection of BSA air rifles, many of which were fitted with BSA No 12, No 21a and No 22 aperture sights. Then there was an especially nice Imprved Model B that I narrowly missed out on after another collector recognised a bargain when he saw one. I was too slow as usual!

Anyway here are a few snaps from the day's event.

Enjoy.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3CoTrxPgLM9x85UWA

John M
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Great looking pictures. Thank you so very much for posting them. Some great examples of some rare air guns. Job Well Done

Bruce Jr.

Kempton

Wonderful pics as per norm. May I ask the dealer with the scopes for sale please. Mach 1.5

Nice pics. Thanks for sharing peeps. Looks like another successful day at Kempton.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Wonderful pics as per norm. May I ask the dealer with the scopes for sale please. Mach 1.5
    Thank you for the kind comments all.

Those scopes were on Brian Moore's (Purbeck Guns) stall. I don't have contact details for him unfortunately.

Kind regards,

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Excellent snaps as ever John, would like to have made this one, but family commitments meant it wasn't to be.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    A huge thank you to Liz and Peter Binfield as well as the team for putting on another successful event.

There were some interesting 'fresh' airguns at today's show including a boxed Haenel 28R, a Westley Richards with heart cutout and a fair old selection of BSA air rifles, many of which were fitted with BSA No 12, No 21a and No 22 aperture sights. Then there was an especially nice Imprved Model B that I narrowly missed out on after another collector recognised a bargain when he saw one. I was too slow as usual!

Anyway here are a few snaps from the day's event.

Enjoy.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3CoTrxPgLM9x85UWA

John M
    Hi John,

Do my eyes deceive me or is that really a £3,000.00 price tag on the Cogswell & Harrison Certus pistol ?

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Hi John,

Do my eyes deceive me or is that really a £3,000.00 price tag on the Cogswell & Harrison Certus pistol ?

Brian
    'tis indeed Brian.

Kind regards,

John

certus.

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Hi John,

Brian
    Took the words right out of my mouth i was wondering the same.i have one and was interested in the sellers price , is that a true reflection of its value.

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Great photos as always from you John. do know how the home made pistol with the Webley grips cocked.
    ATB
    Mick

Quote Originally Posted by micky2 View Post
    Great photos as always from you John. do know how the home made pistol with the Webley grips cocked.
    ATB
    Mick
    It didn't cock as such Mick.
    When the trigger was pulled, the small central bar/shaft, with the roughened end went backwards, and forwards when the trigger was released. The person who had it thought it was a flint gas lighter. Looked professionally made.

Very interesting object !

Lakey

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    As has been said, a good Fair again by Binners and his good lady, and the weather helped by staying dry, well it was for as long as I was there.

Some excellent displays of guns and militaria as we have come to expect from this Fair.

I purchased a lovely Light Pattern which I purchased solely for my Bell Target shooting.

If it wasn't for the long journey, 392 miles round trip for me, I would make it to them all.

Thanks again to Liz and Pete, it was very nice to meet you both again and of course the BBS members I bumped into.

Cheers

Melv

Chippendale (with clothes on)

pjbingham is offline My mother was flexible,but couldn't do Thursdays
    Couldn’t make this one due to other commitments but great to see the photos
    Looks like another great achievement by ‘Team Binners’

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakey View Post
    It didn't cock as such Mick.
    When the trigger was pulled, the small central bar/shaft, with the roughened end went backwards, and forwards when the trigger was released. The person who had it thought it was a flint gas lighter. Looked professionally made.

Very interesting object !

Lakey
    Hi Lakey, many thanks for the reply. l just couldn't figure it out. it make sense now,with the screw as the foresight to take the flint. more than likely made by someone in the casting line who had a interest in Webley air pistols. something for the serious Webley collector.

Great photos - much appreciated .
    Can anyone who attended remember the prices of the BSA 's with the 21A and 22 aperture sights ?
    Regards