Thread: FLZ Favorit XX Rifle

FLZ Favorit XX Rifle

Just in is this FLZ Favorit XX rifle. Can find very little information on it. The only other one on the net I can find is in the “Gallery” but is quite a bit different. Mine I believe is a early one given the “tear drop” fork, sloping end cap, metal grip cap, emblossed name on stock? Has a “serial number” 639 on two places but I wonder if this is a number to match the locking lugs? I think this was their high end full stocked rifle. The XXX was a half stocked repeater. Would love thoughts on the date of manufacture or any catalog or information on the model. I believe it is all original? Shows it age well. It’s .177 and had to really force a pellet down to seat. Shoots as it should. Very interesting latch locking system. Curly walnut is a extra treat. Here are way too many pics.

https://imgur.com/a/GWmcpHw

Beautiful example Steve! As I've come to expect...
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

That's a lovely looking gun and trumps the Airsporter Stutzen for looks IMO!

This rifle just reeks of quality. It's hard to imagine it's as late as the 1930s, when competition got so fierce that economies started creeping in. That makes it 1920s in my book, probably later rather than earlier.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    This rifle just reeks of quality. It's hard to imagine it's as late as the 1930s, when competition got so fierce that economies started creeping in. That makes it 1920s in my book, probably later rather than earlier.
    I was thinking late 1920’s? I wonder if the latch mechanism was a way around the Diana patents? So interesting having 1929 Haenel Model 3, and a 1931 Diana 58. The machining quality is so similar. The Diana 58, however is just the pinnacle.
    Last edited by 45flint; 02-08-2021 at 08:56 PM.