Thread: New Victory Pump Up Air Rifle

New Victory Pump Up Air Rifle

I was very keen to have a look at one of these, as a former Sharp Innova and Ace enthusiast (and Benjamin and Crosman), basically I've had and worked on a lot of pump ups.
    I was curious to see how they had tackled the power regulation problem - and it is a problem on pump up rifles.
    The old Benjamins had a weak hammer spring for the UK market, if you put more than 6 pumps in not all the air was vented when fired, they tried to market it as a feature, a "second shot" but it wasn't really and it was possible to get these guns valve bound by putting a little more air in each time than was coming out.
    Sharp and the later C9A guns had a pressure relief valve in the pump head, which prevented any more air being transferred into the the valve when the set point was reached, the excess simply being released behind the pump head.
    Crosmans were mainly designed so that the pump efficiency is low (there is a deliberate wasted volume in the pump cup), you can keep pumping and there's only so much air that can be compressed.

So, to the Victory - there were two brand new guns in boxes and we unpacked the first one. Initial impressions were pretty favourable, it felt solid, the wood was basic but nicely finished in a satin varnish.
    You have to cock the valve to pump the gun, the pump handle swung out and back and got stuck - in trying to force it shut we bent it and the pivot roll pin popped out. Dead.

We unpacked the second gun, cocked it and began pumping. This time it worked, the pump wasn't too hard to use, very similar to a Sharp Innova.
    I was trying to see how the power limitation was done, so I kept pumping expecting to feel a blow off valve or hear a hissing of escaping air. After 8 pumps no blow off had happened, but I could feel that the pump was opening with the same force as closing - indicating that the pressure at the pump head and inside the valve were equal and that no more air was going into the valve.
    So I was thinking it must be the Crosman method of power restriction.

To the chronograph, this gun was in .22 so a Superdome went in the barrel. The chrono reading was 207.1 m/s, with a 14.5g pellet that gave 14.86 ft/lbs

So there you go, another quality product from the SMK stable......

(I didn't buy one)

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    oh dear, thanks for the honest review...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Are these on the market now?
    We will only get them in 4,5mm over here, but a new multi pump always gets my interest up.
    Too many airguns!

If its anything like the new Innova that appeared a few years ago it doesn't surprise me. Pity the original Sharp Victory was a lovely gun.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Had two new pr900 regulated rifles sourced for mates out of the box both averaged 13fpe!! Smk obviously passing the responsibility onto the buyer to check power. I despair

Oh dear.

Thanks for sharing, Bob.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Hello I have tried, with the usual lack of success, to find it on the SMK site, so may I ask please are they available now and what is the model number.
    Thank you.
    Cheers.
    Geoff.

model number is lr700 afaik it's a std cr600/pr900 base gun that has had the valve altered to have a non return valve and a pump mechanism
    as the tube is near enough the same dimensions as a Benjamin/Sheridan or a Sharp it wouldn't be hard to fit a blow off piston
    i make them for my old 140/1400's as they need calming down for the UK market

Thank you ped.
    Cheers.
    Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by --ped-- View Post
    as the tube is near enough the same dimensions as a Benjamin/Sheridan or a Sharp it wouldn't be hard to fit a blow off piston
    i make them for my old 140/1400's as they need calming down for the UK market
    Stop it. Just stop it!. Talk like this is doing me no good. One of my bike customers had a scruffy-ish looking Ace that he was thinking of selling a few months ago. All this talk and knowing that you can do lots for these is making it half-tempting for me to give him a call. And I can't really justify the spend and I've run out of cabinet space......
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

So its basically the same as this gun?
    https://hardairmagazine.com/news/sen...d-new-product/
    Too many airguns!

it's the same gun just rebranded for the US market
    smk make nothing and just have their name and logo applied to the items they buy from the makers