Thread: New to here, but not to shooting

New to here, but not to shooting

Hi all, and thanks

A little bit about me

Well, I'm an SGC and FAC holder, living here in North Wales. I work in the NHS (that's been fun for the last 18 months), have an 18 acre smallholding, am a member on a pheasant syndicate with about 2000 acres (30 minutes drive from home), and also do pest control for a couple of my neighbouring farms (that's really nice, I don't even have to get in the car !)

In my spare time (!), myself and my wife work with traumatised rescue dogs - we've recently taken on a border collie that had been beaten so badly that he still cowers and cringes if anyone other than the 2 of us are within 10 feet of him

I've relatively recently started shooting with an air rifle again, and quite enjoying it - I've got an S410 in 22 (sub-12, my FAC is for 22LR, 223 and 308). On the lookout for a nice HW77k too (I used to have one of those, many years ago - oh, and as to age, well, let's just let it be known I was born in the 1960s - just.

Considering having a go on HFT sometime (Fort are only a few miles away), but I dread to think how bad I'll be on something technical like that !

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Welcome aboard fella.

Don't be worrying about hft, it's not difficult to grasp the technical side of it. Hitting the tin chickens with nettles in your groin, a swaying bit of bramble in front of your scope, the wind coming at you at 45 degrees in gusts, on a slope and the kill zone out of focus is the difficult bit. Oh, and if your knees are buggered that adds to the experience as well.

I've always found the hft boys to be friendly and full of good advice.

Give it a go, I reckon you'll enjoy it.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

welcome to the forum enjoy it