Thread: Anschutz 335

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Anschutz 335

Having just bought one of these, in the form of a Mk1, I have noted the use of an anti-bear trap upon cocking. This means that the rifle cannot be de-cocked, except by firing after returning the barrel to the shooting position.

I believe the Mk2 had a safety catch but did it also feature the anti-bear trap device or could the rifle be de-cocked by switching off the safety catch and releasing the barrel carefully, with the finger on the trigger?

I gather the only other changes were to the sights (Mk1 the sliding sight, which I think I prefer) and the cocking release bolt (a straight bolt on Mk1).

Presumably, leather washers on both.

Does anyone know how to release, slightly, the pressure on the trigger so that the trigger is a little lighter?

Rgds
    A

AndrewM,

AFAIK, the trigger is not adjustable for weight.

( this seems to be the case on my Annie 335 Mk2 )

My Annie 335 has no safety mechanisms at all.

Have fun

Best regards

Russ

I have never seen a safety catch on a 335. Perhaps these were destined for the American market.

To make the trigger lighter - paint it white. [Im here all week with my Hands Hints ]
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

I have a later style 335 (swinging lock lever) S/N 111579. It has the anti-beartrap and cannot be de-cocked. There is no external safety; the rear cap is just a domed cover. I've seen several of these rifles over the years, including the 'Crosman 6500' version, all the same.

Danny's Gallery has an instruction manual that shows the 335 with a safety slide sticking out the rear of the compression tube which apparently sets automatically upon cocking in addition to the anti-beartrap. I don't recall ever seeing this version even in pictures. This manual addresses trigger adjustment only in terms of changing the length of first stage pull - they claim sear engagement is factory set, and no mention of a way to change the overall weight. I recall tinkering with the trigger on mine to set it up for my preference with more adjustments but it's been 20 years or more.

Don R.

Had two late MK2's and both had the safety catch. Introduce in 1985 for the USA market. Stuck out of the rear of the cylinder as mentioned above. Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Had two late MK2's and both had the safety catch. Introduce in 1985 for the USA market. Stuck out of the rear of the cylinder as mentioned above. Mach 1.5
    Has anyone got a photo of these rare beasts?
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

https://www.flickr.com/photos/18w/88...7627799575961/

Ad referring to an adjustable trigger. No further detail.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/31228487@N07/3483504289

Earlier ad referring to an “adjustable [trigger] pressure point” “with fine regulation” - whatever that means. Note that the rifle is principally pitched as an entry-level 10M target rifle - something which wouldn’t have helped it’s chances in the increasingly hunting/power focussed 1970s market.