Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Homemade Lincoln pistol

Quote Originally Posted by ptdunk View Post
    Ok..I’ve been brought up to speed,
    Seems some talented individuals lack people skills!
    Matt
    Not quite Matt! that is one talented individual. There are some very talented and accomplished engineers on here that have a very good record of social interaction, Notably Mac Evans, ccdjg and not forgetting the latest addition to that hallowed accolade , Robert.J

Quote Originally Posted by WebleyWombler View Post
    Not quite Matt! that is one talented individual. There are some very talented and accomplished engineers on here that have a very good record of social interaction, Notably Mac Evans, ccdjg and not forgetting the latest addition to that hallowed accolade , Robert.J
    I agree,
    been lucky enough to have chatted to Robert and John G and both are very personable gents.

Matt

Kiwi's are often blunt and to the point in most cases they'll call a a spade a spade and many can't deal with it especially the woke and in many cases Americans

Quote Originally Posted by --ped-- View Post
    Kiwi's are often blunt and to the point in most cases they'll call a a spade a spade and many can't deal with it especially the woke and in many cases Americans
    Grant Stace is not just a blunt Kiwi, believe me, you have no idea!

He's turned on numerous airgun friends over the years for no, or very little, reason, which is why he is banned from just about every online airgun forum in the world.

If you've never experienced his bile yourself, it's for one reason only: sheer luck.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

I remember when this blew up some years ago on the American Vintage Airgun Forum, and Grant upset a lot of well respected members of the Airgun community in the states and elsewhere, including the then owner of said forum, which was a great shame as Grant is undoubtedly a skilled machinist/craftsman.

Aside from his (seemingly deserved) unpopularity he has made an amazing job of remaking the old pistol so could we please go back to discussing the project rather than the man?
    He clearly doesn't deserve the time, but his creation certainly does!

There was somebody else doing a similar remake project on one of the forums but I sadly cant remember where I saw it
    Im not a machinist but I do find it extremely fascinating and satisfying to watch these old guns being recreated from lumps of steel and I could happily read forum threads about them all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by --ped-- View Post

Unfortunately, Ped, Grant was a little more than blunt and to the point and what I read 11 years ago was a real eye opener about someone who I classed as an internet friend. :-

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....69#post4217769

When Grant was banned from the BBS he emailed me and I contacted admin to find out why he was banned, needless to say admin steered me towards Grant's posts on the Yellow forum.
    Having read Grant's posts and the two blogs about him it was impossible to argue in his favour.

Yes he's an extremely talented machinist who shows his brilliant work on his forum (which I'm a member of) but I'm afraid nothing can excuse his actions eleven years ago.

As Scott says, let us just discuss Grant's workmanship and not Grant.

All the best Mick

Edit :- to be perfectly up front with everyone, it looks like I was the one who got Grant BBS membership :-

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....06#post4191606
    Last edited by T 20; 07-08-2021 at 11:00 AM.