Thread: Ace and 150 PK; a good weekend

Ace and 150 PK; a good weekend

Hi,

I've had this Ace for about a year now, but I had never shot it except for power testing in my gunroom.
    The gunshop near Leeds should have advertised as fac, because it produces 17 ft/lbs on 8 relatively easy pumps. Wowsers. Luckily not a problem over here.
    I am putting in 5 pumps for ease, which gives a nice 13 ft/lbs with 15.89 gr JSB. It is easier to pump than my Innova's, and a lot easier than my Victory's.
    In fact, it seems to have the best power to pumping effort ratio of all my pumpers.
    This gun made my weekend.

Cheers,
    Louis

Ps. Also the first outing with this 150 PK. Just love the way Crosman designed their products in that era.

Lovely; both.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Nice guns.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Lovely quality guns and made to last.

That power with 8 pumps! Wow

Nice stuff, on both counts.

Those old Sharp pumpers always seemed to make more power, easier, than the typical American ones. I’m sure I can recall .22” Innovas in the 80s that made 11-point-something on four pumps.

Presumably a more advantageous combination of leverage and pump tube dimensions?

Thank you gents.
    The Ace's barrel is quite long, I think that makes the gun more efficient too.
    I have a feeling that it will be my favourite gun, although it is a bit early to say.
    Very powerful, variable power, good scope rail, easy to pump, super accurate. No recoil, no running out of compressed air or CO2.
    Just a bit heavy and long for my liking, but I guess the weight does make it steadier than for instance an Innova.

The Crosman 150 is my favourite and most accurate CO2 gas powered pistol. Most gas pistols become inaccurate before the capsule has fully depleted meaning you have to stand there cocking and shooting the empty pistol until the capsule has emptied enough to allow it to be removed from the gun. My 150 remains accurate until the last few quieter shots which register low followed by a little hiss leaving the capsule completely empty and ready to remove.
    I also find the sights are better on the 150 than those of the Benjamin Rocket and the loud crack when shooting only adds to the experience.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    The Crosman 150 is my favourite and most accurate CO2 gas powered pistol. Most gas pistols become inaccurate before the capsule has fully depleted meaning you have to stand there cocking and shooting the empty pistol until the capsule has emptied enough to allow it to be removed from the gun. My 150 remains accurate until the last few quieter shots which register low followed by a little hiss leaving the capsule completely empty and ready to remove.
    I also find the sights are better on the 150 than those of the Benjamin Rocket and the loud crack when shooting only adds to the experience.

Brian
    Hi Brian,
    What a nice set. I am not a pistol man, but I kept 3: 150, 157 and Hämmerli Master.
    Rudy Merz was a genius. Not sure who designed the Hämmerli, but I like it as well.
    Cheers, Louis