Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Weihrauch help/advise required (35's)

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Yes, definitely worth giving the Exact Express and RS a go. And, if the output is then a little too close for comfort, reducing preload.

Re the latching issue, if it were to not continue to resolve, check these four areas:-

The thickness of the spring guide flange.
    Spring length.
    Cocking arm not bent.

Trigger unit not "gunged" up.

I seem to remember this may be a new piston, so wear at the rear of the cocking slot shouldn't be a possible fifth area to check.
    OK thanks
    Link was also new but if aftermarket maybe a little short? will check against original. Trigger was degreased in a sonic bath, great info though.
    Early bird like me I guess.
    Steve

I've had Good deals & great info from many in this forum.

Pointing more towards the spring or guide flange depth then, Steve.. Unless the ends of the "stems" of the guide and top hat might just be contacting and one of them requiring shortening?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Pointing more towards the spring or guide flange depth then, Steve.. Unless the ends of the "stems" of the guide and top hat might just be contacting and one of them requiring shortening?
    Guide had a fair few mil of thickness at it's end where it's greater than the original, now I wouldn't know but if this bottoms out when cocking the piston wouldn't go as far back? A few have said Chambers guide for HW35 not perfect.
    Steve

It is certainly worth checking that and, if you have the means, to reduce the depth of the flange a little. Also, if you were to strip the gun to the point of piston removal again, to insert the top hat and guide into the piston and make sure that the ends of each are not touching one another. If you needed to replace the guide, the standard, later, two-piece synthetic and steel HW guides are actually pretty good. As long as guide to spring fit is good, this could well be an option. You'd need to measure the spring ID and for someone to shout up with the OD for the HW guide. If that's not going to work, pretty sure Monsieur Tinbum could sort a bespoke guide for you if you provided measurements.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by stevegv8 View Post
    Guide had a fair few mil of thickness at it's end where it's greater than the original, now I wouldn't know but if this bottoms out when cocking the piston wouldn't go as far back? A few have said Chambers guide for HW35 not perfect.
    Chambers guides are more often than not too thick , my last one was 4.2 mm it should be 3mm .

Yours is probably just a smidge too thick & the skirt is touching . Not sure on the new ones but the old Chambers guides were over bored internally as well .

Hi Stevegv8,

I’m a bit late to the dance but there may be some useful info on the thread I started a few weeks back when I fettled the 1992 HW35 I bought.
    I did a lot of measuring and tweaking including fitting a tinbum kit.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....orting-a-HW35k

Norm

Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by stevegv8 View Post
    Great info and help so far guys,

Thanks

Steve
    I believe that folks would love to see pictures of your restoration project as I know I would.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Travis299 View Post
    I believe that folks would love to see pictures of your restoration project as I know I would.

Thanks
    The only three pics I took are on page 2 of the thread (link below) including it finished, the new cylinder & the new internals. I haven't taken any others yet as the stock is still the scruffy one from the original gun.

https://imgur.com/a/5VpjAcZ
    Steve