Thread: Weihrauch help/advise required (35's)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Further to my PM, Steve, here's why I don't recommend buying the leather to synthetic adaptor kit. :-

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....46#post7719946

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Further to my PM, Steve, here's why I don't recommend buying the leather to synthetic adaptor kit. :-

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....46#post7719946

All the best Mick
    Steve

I've had Good deals & great info from many in this forum.

HW35 progress

I had some time yesterday and parts had arrived from Chambers so I thought I'd put some time into this one again.

Two issues though, the new spring was far too long and would give huge preload?? I hear all the time about too much power, excessive recoil and heavy to cock so I reused the original as it seemed strong and was straight. I will cut the new one down eventually and form the cut end properly too but I wanted to get on.
    Second issue put a halt to it though, don't you just want to swear when you think you've got all you need for a job and then find you haven't? No barrel joint shims!!

However I did at least assemble the Cylinder.
    Also in my naivety I didn't realise the new barrel would be aftermarket (I should have really as with old cars and old watches that I also play with it's normal) and is lacking the Weihrauch logo stamped on the right side, not to worry it is a bitser after all.

So two projects on the go (BSA underlever double sear in collectables) and can't complete either.

https://imgur.com/gallery/dXq5oPo

Steve
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by stevegv8 View Post

Also in my naivety I didn't realise the new barrel would be aftermarket (I should have really as with old cars and old watches that I also play with it's normal) and is lacking the Weihrauch logo stamped on the right side,
    Steve
    Having never had to buy a replacement barrel, I didn't know that this might be the case, either. However, considering that it would be such a small potential market, and maybe not viable for an aftermarket producer to enter, are you sure this is the case? Could it be that it is, indeed, a HW barrel, just that they don't stamp barrels up if they are for the spares market? And I ask this with absolutely zero knowledge or idea........
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Having never had to buy a replacement barrel, I didn't know that this might be the case, either. However, considering that it would be such a small potential market, and maybe not viable for an aftermarket producer to enter, are you sure this is the case? Could it be that it is, indeed, a HW barrel, just that they don't stamp barrels up if they are for the spares market? And I ask this with absolutely zero knowledge or idea........
    Not sure about A/M just assuming seeing as I'm used to so much of it on the other two subjects I mentioned.
    I never gave it a thought until I looked it over, the left side has the normal markings so why leave their name off?
    Makes no odds, I needed one anyway because re finishing the old one would have been just as costly no doubt plus I wanted a calibre change.
    It's a made up gun now as I'm using this limited edition cylinder so I can live with it.
    Out of interest I suppose I could ask Chambers, in fact I think I will mail Hamish and see.
    I think I'm going to need a mint stock now as well to compliment the metalwork
    Shims have arrived now but got cars to polish and fettle today & tomorrow.
    Steve