Thread: Sales of 70's / 80's era Original Dianas

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    I put up a post here, a week or so ago, denoting that two Original 50s (one a TO1) were for sale at a gunshop in Lincs. More interestingly, a new and unused Original 45 in 177 was for sale at the same place, which had never been fired. I enclosed a link to the site but my post, I assume, broke one of the rules because it was removed (apologies to moderator!). To find an unused 45 must be almost impossible.

Rgds
    A
    I recall seeing two Typ 01"s for sale recently but not the 45. That t would be great find but I would have cetainly wanted to use it. It may have been gummed up and require stripping, cleaning and re-lube though.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    I recall seeing two Typ 01"s for sale recently but not the 45. That t would be great find but I would have cetainly wanted to use it. It may have been gummed up and require stripping, cleaning and re-lube though.
    Quite possibly although I might mention that a few years ago, I reused my 45 again, after a period of non use of some 15yrs and it worked as though it was new.

Since I bought the 45, the pellet choice has widened considerably. In 1980, I discovered that Silver Jet pellets were best. They have ceased production but there are plenty of other new pellets, just as good. Personally, I cannot speak highly enough of the 45, even although the triggers were not as good alongside today's equivalents. That said, everything else was superb.

A

Diana 75

i managed to pick up a mint diana 75 last week from a fellow club member for £350. I agree that people are tending to hang on to them now, which is driving up the price.