Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sales of 70's / 80's era Original Dianas

Sales of 70's / 80's era Original Dianas

Usually, the Diana enthusiast would have plenty of time to pick these off at his/ her leisure, but of late, interesting examples are not lingering on the main Internet sales sites.. Relatively speaking of course..
    I'd never have thought sales of this now niche marque would be getting some hurry-up fron the now rabid buyers
    market of everything....

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    Usually, the Diana enthusiast would have plenty of time to pick these off at his/ her leisure, but of late, interesting examples are not lingering on the main Internet sales sites.. Relatively speaking of course..
    I'd never have thought sales of this now niche marque would be getting some hurry-up fron the now rabid buyers
    market of everything....
    Really? Interesting. Any links or examples?

Evening, Geezer. Guntrader sales site,. Original Models 35 Super and 50, both with factory diopters &. Original 52 with scope, aĺl gone, & quickly..

If anyone wants Diana dealers boxes from the 50s / sixties complete with spares send me a pm.
    "But we have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked, but not comprised. We are interested and associated, but not absorbed."
    Winston Churchill 1930

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gen View Post
    If anyone wants Diana dealers boxes from the 50s / sixties complete with spares send me a pm.
    Thanks for that, Mr Gen. Dealers boxes for proper Diana's?

Original/Dianas

As the years roll on finding and securing clean presentable examples of the above guns become harder to my mind. As you suggest where once you could perhaps surf the usual gun sale sites and find a number of examples of your desired gun- these days they are few and far between. For example at the time that I was on the look out for a 35s I detected a downturn in numbers going through the sales areas so I bought the most clean example that I found since I reasoned that the way things were going I would struggle in the near future to find one and certainly have the pick of a few. Generally speaking I've been proved right.

I've also noticed what I would term the "price band" of a given Original/Diana model has increased. Whereas you could perhaps find a clean 45 at one stage for perhaps £120-£140 now you get the occasional one just under the £200 with most being above.

I think those who have picked up clean examples in the past by and large are not moving them on. This in turn drives up prices and when the occasional clean gun comes along they don't hang around for long.

I guess if nothing else it proves the second hand market is still healthy.
    Dave

I put up a post here, a week or so ago, denoting that two Original 50s (one a TO1) were for sale at a gunshop in Lincs. More interestingly, a new and unused Original 45 in 177 was for sale at the same place, which had never been fired. I enclosed a link to the site but my post, I assume, broke one of the rules because it was removed (apologies to moderator!). To find an unused 45 must be almost impossible.

Rgds
    A

Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    I put up a post here, a week or so ago, denoting that two Original 50s (one a TO1) were for sale at a gunshop in Lincs. More interestingly, a new and unused Original 45 in 177 was for sale at the same place, which had never been fired. I enclosed a link to the site but my post, I assume, broke one of the rules because it was removed (apologies to moderator!). To find an unused 45 must be almost impossible.

Rgds
    A
    I recall seeing two Typ 01"s for sale recently but not the 45. That t would be great find but I would have cetainly wanted to use it. It may have been gummed up and require stripping, cleaning and re-lube though.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post

Rgds
    A

I'm pretty sure a lad called Karl found a new old stock Jubilee mod45, He sent me some pics of some fabulous guns he'd found, From memory I think they were from a closed down gunshop!!

He's a member on here but his username escapes me for the moment ( Galloping senility!)

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

yes i remember the lad that bought them

I recall seeing two Typ 01"s for sale recently but not the 45. That t would be great find but I would have cetainly wanted to use it. It may have been gummed up and require stripping, cleaning and re-lube though.
    Quite possibly although I might mention that a few years ago, I reused my 45 again, after a period of non use of some 15yrs and it worked as though it was new.

Since I bought the 45, the pellet choice has widened considerably. In 1980, I discovered that Silver Jet pellets were best. They have ceased production but there are plenty of other new pellets, just as good. Personally, I cannot speak highly enough of the 45, even although the triggers were not as good alongside today's equivalents. That said, everything else was superb.

A

Diana 75

i managed to pick up a mint diana 75 last week from a fellow club member for £350. I agree that people are tending to hang on to them now, which is driving up the price.

Evening, Geezer. Guntrader sales site,. Original Models 35 Super and 50, both with factory diopters &. Original 52 with scope, aĺl gone, & quickly..
    Never seen any original 52’s until that one came up, looked like a nice gun at a fair price!

Quote Originally Posted by ikarma70 View Post
    Never seen any original 52’s until that one came up, looked like a nice gun at a fair price!
    Contrary to my earlier post, there is an O52 on the Gunstar sales site which has been languishing there for many weeks.
    There's just something about "Original" era Dianas that push them well above everything else. More than just something..

Contrary to my earlier post, there is an O52 on the Gunstar sales site which has been languishing there for many weeks.
    There's just something about "Original" era Dianas that push them well above everything else. More than just something..
    Weird. I picked up my 52 on here for about £140-160 around seven years ago. No sense then that they were in any way sought after. And a couple of years earlier you could snaffle up the odd but engaging ultra-carbine model for £395 brand new.

I guess it’s that thing that only once they are gone do people miss them. I think there’s a Jonie Mitchell song vaguely about that.