Quote Originally Posted by dvd View Post
Hi Matt,
Maybe I'm missing something and can't see your objective

David
Hi David, it’s just to see how much difference the Feinwerkbau sledge system makes to accuracy.
I have a 150 & 110 which are identical apart from one recoils and one doesn’t.

Seems everyone was right…
I just did 10 shots with each, rested. Once with my usual light springer hold and once holding it a bit tighter.
Full results to follow but in the meantime I can say there was no real difference in accuracy.

The recoiling 110 preferred the lighter hold, and the recoiless 150 preferred the tighter hold (???)

I have to say I’m surprised, I thought the 150 would be noticeably more accurate, although they are both great rifles, and I’m secretly a bit pleased the 110 did well.
Makes me think it owed a lot to the rifles general design, based on the Anschutz 220.

Here are some some slo-mo shots of the mechanisms to compare, interestingly the sledge system on the 150 seems to travel the exact distance that the 110 moves as a result of its untamed recoil.

https://instagram.com/p/CSo38xZH10M/

It’s my understanding that Feinwerkbau made the 110 first, and within a year had patented their sledge system and made the 150. I wonder if they used the 110 to work out exactly how far the sledge system would need to travel?

Anyway I’ll post the groups and full vid soon.
And yes, airguns are fun.

Matt