Thread: fwb or walther

fwb or walther

FWB 800x FT or Walther LG400 anatomic. Any known issues as I'm having trouble deciding which to get?
    Old Gits FT springer World champion 2017 & 2018

Quote Originally Posted by poison dwarf View Post
    FWB 800x FT or Walther LG400 anatomic. Any known issues as I'm having trouble deciding which to get?
    I have owned and shot both in their more usual match target rifle format, and both worked well and had no issues.

Maybe their change for use as FT rifles and the increase in power will throw up some new problems (?) - but I doubt it!

I have sold my 800X but kept my Walther LG400 Anatomic and my Walther LG300 Anatomic !
    Last edited by zooma; 18-08-2021 at 07:33 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

I'd go for the Walther (already had it). More of a known quantity and AFAIK far easier to be serviced or worked on. Also easier to move on when you get bored
    Steyr Challenge HFT - HW97K - BSA Mercury Challenger - Anschutz 9015 One - AA Pro Target - AA Pro Elite - ASI Paratrooper (R) - Walther LP500

The 800ft has a dreadfully unreliable regulator.

The FWB P800 has a really strange chassis. The entire front spider web part just causes problems for FT. If you float the barrel you need to find some way of stopping the action acting like a see saw. My friend who has a factory FT version has drilled a locator hole in the side of the action and used an extra long screw (used the hold the various bits of the chassis together) as a locator pin. To me the gun just doesn't feel very nice to shoot. The accessory rail is not full length either and it's difficult to move the standard butt plate up and down far or without tools. I'm sure it's accurate and can be made into a good gun. I think the LG400 FT is a lot closer to being a good gun to start with.
    Best Regards

Simon

I've got some slug guns.

If going for an 800 I'd be more inclined to go for a wood stocked version or the more basic alloy chassis.
    Best Regards

Simon

I've got some slug guns.