Thread: Hello Everyone from Ayrshire

Hello Everyone from Ayrshire

Hi All, I used to shoot a lifetime ago and had an old Diana though can't remember the model, also had a Webley Vulcan and a Cougar pistol. Will be looking to get another rifle for mainly targets. Any clubs in Ayrshire/Central belt apart from Continental Shooting does anyone know?

Hi mate, welcome to the forum. I'm also an ayrshire man, originally from troon , now in paisley.
    Im a member of dundonald rifle and pistol club, which in my opinion is the best club in the area. It's also an fac club and requires a 3 month probationary period which is great fun. We have a website you can check out. There are lots of air rifle and pistol shooters at our club and there are competitions available to enter

There is a club finder here you can use as well.
    https://sts.azolve.com/clubfinder.htm

Good luck and welcome.
    Donald

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    It's pretty thin round there for clubs, I've looked as I'm originally from the area and will be moving back in about 18 months, so my priority is a big garden - not the house!

They are the only two I know of other than Stewarton club, but it's 99% live .22s

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by thisisdonald View Post
    Hi mate, welcome to the forum. I'm also an ayrshire man, originally from troon , now in paisley.
    Im a member of dundonald rifle and pistol club, which in my opinion is the best club in the area. It's also an fac club and requires a 3 month probationary period which is great fun. We have a website you can check out. There are lots of air rifle and pistol shooters at our club and there are competitions available to enter

There is a club finder here you can use as well.
    https://sts.azolve.com/clubfinder.htm

Good luck and welcome.
    Thank you and certainly worth a look as looks good. Continental shooting is only open Fri-Sun now as I was looking to shoot midweek as well. Once I get my licence I will have a look as I want to try a few rifles/pistols before I buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    It's pretty thin round there for clubs, I've looked as I'm originally from the area and will be moving back in about 18 months, so my priority is a big garden - not the house!

They are the only two I know of other than Stewarton club, but it's 99% live .22s

James
    Continental Shooting would be ideal for me as only a few miles away but don't had midweek shooting. I was going to plink in my garden but teh officers who visited me to approve my licence said due to the location of my house, so search carefully

Quote Originally Posted by Musiotunya View Post
    Thank you and certainly worth a look as looks good. Continental shooting is only open Fri-Sun now as I was looking to shoot midweek as well. Once I get my licence I will have a look as I want to try a few rifles/pistols before I buy one.
    Licence arrived today and I sent off an email to the club to enquire about membership. Thanks again for the heads up