Thread: Prewar BSA double sear trigger problem

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Prewar BSA double sear trigger problem

I have a side button underlever with the double sear trigger that's "broken". I realise someone might say unit might differ model to model?? Don't have serial or exact version info to hand right now.
    How impossible would it be to find the parts I need?
    It's away at repair at the moment so I don't know exactly what's been found to be the issue, but in short if I can find the complete unit to buy or equally difficult, borrow one to disassemble and copy. I have a skilled guy who will make a replica part from a pattern.
    Equally a dimensional blueprint would probably work for him.

More info to follow when I've been to see the diagnosis but clearly going to be in need of the sear/trigger unit, ideally to copy and return.

Yours, probably up the creek
    Steve
    Steve

I've had Good deals & great info from many in this forum.

It's all speculation until you get the condition report but there are a couple of places for spares, perhaps Knibbs & Protek are the ones that come to mind first. Your existing parts may provide a basis for repair or perhaps act as a source for dimensions should parts need to be made...?

Hopefully the creek won't turn out to be as deep or wide as you fear.

It will be interesting to see what they find as the cause of the problem, might even be repairable without too much trouble

Quote Originally Posted by trajectory View Post
    It's all speculation until you get the condition report but there are a couple of places for spares, perhaps Knibbs & Protek are the ones that come to mind first. Your existing parts may provide a basis for repair or perhaps act as a source for dimensions should parts need to be made...?

Hopefully the creek won't turn out to be as deep or wide as you fear.

It will be interesting to see what they find as the cause of the problem, might even be repairable without too much trouble
    Afternoon, I already tried all the usual places so copying or finding some one with one tucked away is about my only chance.
    I get the impression a lump is broken off and missing or measurements could have been takenn
    Steve

well oddly enough I do believe I have a spare double sear trigger in my parts box, Will check when I get home!

Hi Steve,

There are usually two small springs on these safety sears. I have recently discovered that as they are slightly different in length, a previous owner may have reassembled the springs the wrong way round, so this is worth checking before you fork out on a new unit.

Possibly not the cause but worth trying.

Kind regards,

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Quote Originally Posted by Huttles94 View Post
    well oddly enough I do believe I have a spare double sear trigger in my parts box, Will check when I get home!
    That would be great thanks I might be a bit excited!

Steve
    Steve

Bump up

Partly to bump this up I'm wondering if this double sear type trigger is one type only or were there variations over the models for the period they were produced?
    Finding one might be hard enough so hoping it's not a particular version I'm looking for.

I'm yet to explore John's spring suggestion so here's hoping.

Steve
    Steve